cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Column list of a query template by using xml query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to get the Column list of a query template by using xml query? I would like to get the column list in dropdown after execute a query.

Please advice me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For an IDBC data server you can get the column list for a table by executing the Illuminator service in the following syntax:

http://<server>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?Server=<DataServerName>&Group=<tableName>&Mode=ColumnList&Co...

Otherwise if you want to get the column names from a MII XML document e.g. Query output then you can loop into Rowsets/Rowset/Columns element of the XML document using a Repeater action and collect the column names from the Repeater{/Columns/Column} and add it in another XML document, which you can pass as the BLS output and populate an iBrowser. Similar thing you can also do in the web page instead of BLS by parsing the Query output using JavaScript.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

I tried your 2nd solution i.e by using BLS.It is working.I have to pass Query template dynamically to get the column list.

Also I was trying in xml query by using this in URL:

http://Server/XMII/Illuminator?Mode=ColumnList&Path=<Query path>&Content-type=text/xml

But it is not working.Can you please suggest me what is the prblem?

Thank you.

Regards

Manisha

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

ColumnList mode will work with SQL data sources where you need to pass the Table name in Group parameter and not the query template. I was not very clear about your requirement initially so I suggested both scenarios and solutions.

If you need to find the columns in a query template then either you need to use BLS or JavaScript.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dipankar.I used your 2nd soultion i.e BLS.It is working fine.

Answers (0)