Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIView.dll Terminating! error in Designer when creating a BW connection

former_member22912
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Impossible to create a new BW connection in Designer without having designer crashing.

In the designer logs the following error is showing !!!!!!UIView.dll Terminating!

Creating a new connection based on any other data provider type does work only when this is based on Bex query then does the error occured.

Customer is using Serveur :

Server is AIX

BOXI 3.1 - sp3

Integration kit sp3

Transport have been imported in SAP

BW version 7.01

Initially they were on Designer BOXI 3.1 FP 1.4 (where it worked) and have upgraded using

ENTRPRSECLNTTLS01_4-10007443.exe

ENTERPRISECLNT03_0-10007619.EXE

They have desinstalled and reinstalled designer and integration kit.

Installed on a brand new machine and the error is still there.

Same error in standalone mode

Tried to test from my machine in standalone mode and cannot reproduced the error.

Customer has tried as well creating connection using ''Use Single Sign On when refreshing reports at view time'' crashes designer, it does not matter what user they use at all it is the same all time.

Same on different client machine too.

Any idea ? Anyone has encounterred the same problem

MDA logs are showing

'Failed to locate the LogFormat settings in the registry. In this case, the LogFormat will use the default format.'

Thanks

Steph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stephanie:

Hopping you solve that customer's issue, I would like to ask you if you found the source of the error.

Even I am trying something different than yours, I am having the same issue as your customer.

One MDA.LOG file is created with the same message multiple times in multiple lines. The file has not other message and the message is :

'Failed to locate the LogFormat settings in the registry. In this case, the LogFormat will use the default format.'

We got a BoXi 3.1 server on Windows 2003 using a CMS database in a windows MS-SQL 2005 server SP4.

Installing BOXi 3.1SP3 the connection server did not start and the MDA.LOG wsa created. Uninstalling SP3 from it, the Connection server start, but the MDA.log is being created again.

Could you let me know if you solved and what this MDA.log means? Thanks

Reinaldo

Answers (0)