Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Document at PGI and Billing

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have both normal sales and STO process.In both cases we have freight accounts that are triggered in the Accounting Document.

In the sales scenario freight account triggers after raising invoice (VF01) in the accounting document.

But in STO process the same account triggers after doing PGI.

Can some one clarify me whether I can control this generation of accounting document i.e., can I raise the freight account seen in sales scenario(VF01) after doing PGI itself.

I request you to kindly share your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Phani Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can control this. But you have not mentioned that for STO process, shipment cost is generated in which case, the configuration setting for freight liability will differ.

Meanwhile, if you dont want FI posting to happen during VF01 stage, go to pricing procedure and remove the Account Key which would have been assigned against that freight condition type. Also select "Statistical" to this condition type.

Meanwhile, if you want to implement this control during PGI stage, then the control is in OBYC settings. So before going to OBYC, first check for PGId material document to which G/L Account, the amount is posted to. Now go to OBYC, double click on GBB and check for which Valuation Class, it has been assigned.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a Lot for you reply.No shipment costs are involved in this scenario.

Also I request you to kindly clarify to which General Modification key,I need to assign GL acconts in GBB Transaction.

Regards,

Phani Prasad.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may vary and that is why, I had asked to first check the material document in MB03 and make a note of G/L Account.

Next go to SE16, key in table T030 and execute. There against the field "G/L Account No.", maintain the above G/L and execute. You will come to know to which Valuation Class, the said G/L Account is assigned in OBYC for normal sales. You need to follow the same for STO also.

Perhaps, you may have to take the help of MM / FI consultants who normally create different Valuation Class.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I have removed the account key and marked the Freight condition Type as Statistical.

I have noted down the GL account number 1430001 which is triggered at PGI.This has transaction type BSX and valuation class 7920.This is a stock account.

The freight account 6612001-triggering after the creation of billing document has Transaction type ZFS with no valuation class.

I want this freight account 6612001 to get triggered after doing PGI.I request you to advise me as how to go about it.

Million Thanks,

Phani Prasad.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to assign this ZFS under the tab "General modification" in OBYC for GBB. Then, for valuation class 7920, you assign the G/L Account 6612001. Take the help of FI consultant who can do this. Just for information, this can be included in OBYC by pressing "Cntrl and F4"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi