cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP - Direct Delivery from Production Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm looking for help in how to set up Direct Delivery from Production plant in SNP. I have read the sap note but still have some questions.

I have production plant to distribution centre set up and would like system to be able to go direct from prod plant to customer. I have set up the prod plant to customer transportation lane - flagged for direct delivery etc.

If forecast is against distribution cnetre where / how does system know (if it fufills tlb criteria) the correct customer? How is the distribution centre linked to the customer?

Thanks for your help.

Gomie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all you have to have customer as a charateristic in planning object structure- This would enable you to capture demand for each customer. And when it comes to allocation, you have to work with despriptive charateristics. IIn consumption group you have to include customer as a charateristic. In your case customer would be a desriptive charateristic.

Regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aban,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still confused after it though. We have the customer in APO as Location. /sapapo/loc3. My thinking was that you enter your forecast in APO DP against the Distribution centre as per normal. You set up your lane with production plant -> customer with direct delivery marked.

At what location do I then run heuristics at? My customer or distribution centre. We would have a number of distribution centres so how do we link the customer to the distribution centre - an extra ltransportation lane?

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,

Gomie