cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC from external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have scenarion in that we will receive IDOC from external system (SAP system) in XI i.e. IDOC- XI -IDOC scenrio. from my Understanding ,to configure the scenario I have to do ALE from sender side and IDOC receiver channel in receiving side.

External system (SAP) -(ALE)-> XI -

(IDOC rcv)--> Our System (SAP)

Please can anyone provide me steps to do ALE from external system.

Edited by: tapan singh on Feb 28, 2011 11:51 AM

Edited by: tapan singh on Feb 28, 2011 11:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

search forum. Lot of links you will get.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the SAP system is external system then how would I maintained the system in SLD.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SAP System of third party is not in your system landscape means external system, probably they require some mechanism to post IDOC data to your network. Try Http or Soap or web services Adapters or some other mechanism. You can define systems as Third Party in SLD.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

thanks for the reply, is it necessary to configure Http or soap for incoming IDOC. can't we use ALE?

Edited by: tapan singh on Feb 28, 2011 1:07 PM

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can have alternate ways to send IDocs from external system to SAP system. One way is in below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/en/52/16abf6543311d1891c0000e8322f96/content.htm.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/ru/52/16abcf543311d1891c0000e8322f96/content.htm

I can think of few more, like In external system after generating Idoc, save it as a tex and send it to SAP system using Http post or using web service.

Look out to below discussion.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Edited by: Aashish Sinha on Feb 28, 2011 1:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your valueble reply.

the links you have shared are something that will directly post the IDOC into the sap system. but in my scenario I have to use XI system as middleware [some modification in incoming idoc value].

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look out to below discussion.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

I come across some of the questions during configuration of the scenario:

1. in the external system do we need to create one RFC destination which will point to our XI system and similarly do I hve to create one RFC dest to point ext system.

2. Do i need to create port in idx1

3. In case of inbound scenario means idoc coming from ext system, I believe i do not need to create sender agreement beacuse IDOC being used

Please help

Edited by: tapan singh on Mar 2, 2011 1:41 PM

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> 1. in the external system do we need to create one RFC destination which will point to our XI system and similarly do I hve to create one RFC dest to point ext system.

You need to create an RFC destination of Type "G" in your system and you need to install the external server certificate also. You can also try SM59 of Type "T" for TCP IP and check for gateway services.(not sure about Type "T")

>>>2. Do i need to create port in idx1

Yes, using the same RFC destination you connecting to External System.

>>>3. In case of inbound scenario means idoc coming from ext system, I believe i do not need to create sender agreement beacuse IDOC being used

Yes. you are right.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aashish for reply.

I'll try with the approach you suggested.

But why we cannot use RFC connection of type 3 'ABAP connection'

Edited by: tapan singh on Mar 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Answers (0)