cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data from 2 sources to 1 target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my current scenario i have 2 independent sources from which data is being sent to a common target service. The sources are independent of each other and there is no correlation between them which i can specify in by BPM receive function inside a fork.

The interface should work if data comes from either of source's. Please suggest if i should create 2 different interfaces for this or this can also be achieved through a BPM. If we can do it through a BPM then please share the flow of the same.

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you need BPM in your scenario. Just create one scenario and in that create 2 sender agreements to pick the files from 2 different locations and then you need to create 2 different Receiver Determinations because incoming source file structure is different . Rest of the steps are pretty straight forward.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The purpose of using a BPM was for my own exploration as i am new to BPM's. I had already implemented this scenario in a simple and straigt forward way as suggested by Survesh and many other SDN folks before posting this thread. But any ways, thanks a ton to all who actively participated in this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

why are you using bpm ?

just create two sender agreements, two receiver determinations, two interface determinations, one receiver agreement.

there's no need for bpm and you're just complicating the set up un-necesarrily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any inputs on this?

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have the similar scenario -- 2 files from diff location and then reciever SAP.

Go for In the "Advanced Selection for Source Flie" in the Sender File Channel and then specify the 2 Directory and "ABC." in the File name mask .

This should help you:

/people/pavan.kumar110/blog/2009/08/05/processing-multiple-files-in-source-system-and-target-system

kanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

If your source is "file" then you can use the option " Advanced Selection for Source files". And can have a single target system.

Can u please explain the scenario ( Source & Target systems)?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need to use BPM ?

Just create two scenarios or even one scenario with two flows. You can reuse the receiver agreement and/or receiver communication channel in different scenarios/flows. using a bpm makes things too complex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anshul,

Why do you want to go for BPM ?

There are a lot of ways to handle multiple senders/recievers aoutside BPM also...like mulitmapping n all..

Please describe your scenario .... is it like File - PI-Idoc. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the source messages has got no correlations, you use a dummy correlation just for the sake of using it in the BPM and point any 2 fields from the 2 source messages in the correlation step. You need to do all the splitting logic however in the message mapping instead and use that message mapping in the transformation step in the BPM. Before the transformation step,use 2 receive steps, 1 in each of the 2 branches of a fork for the 2 source messages. And after the transformation step, use a send step to send the final output. I had a developed similar interface where all the logic was done in the message mapping. Ans the dummy correlation that I used in the BPM got overridden and didn't cause any harm.

You can refer this link for configuring the BPM with correlation:

http://www.saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/BPM/Fork1.htm

Hope it helps you

Thanks

Biswajit

Edited by: 007biswa on Feb 28, 2011 4:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Biswajit,

I am trying to implement things as you suggested but when i set correlation and try to assign it to my two receiver step i am not able to set it. The created correlation is visible to me but i am not able to assign it.

To give a back ground of my requirement i have two External Definitions (db table metadata) as source and one proxy structure as target.

I have made:

1 DT for target, 1 MT for target, 6 SI (2 outbound, 2 corresponding ABS, 1 Inbound, 1 corresponding ABS ), 1 MM with two source and one target, 1 OM.

One more thing, in the following [blog|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2034] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; why there are 3 mappings created for IDOC's to "convert Outbound type of IDOC into Abstract type ". In these mappings what is the source and the target message types used?

I am asking these questions as i am new to BPM's.

Thanks!!!