Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB- Connection String for wipPOOL reportPOOL and odsPOOL

ralf_schmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I deployed a SAPME 5.2.5 but it doesn't start.

The log says that there is no connection to reportPOOL, odsPOOL and wipPOOL.

So I checked the connection paratmeters under :

Configuration Management > Infrastructure > Application Resources > Additional Properties

The URL --> URL jdbc_sqlserver://<server>\SAPME

SAPME is the MSSQL instance for wipPOOL, etc.

Can you please tell me if the URL above is correct ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

As I see, it should be jdbc:sqlserver://SERVER:PORT\INSTANCE or jdbc:sqlserver://SERVER\INSTANCE if port is specified as a separate parameter.

Please note that you need to specify the databaseName parameter which should be set as default DB for WIP user.

Regards,

Sergiy

ralf_schmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

thanks for the fast reply, but which port should I take ...I tried it with TCP/IP-port, but it doesn't work.

From : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.<InstanceNumber>\MSSQLServer\

SuperSocketNetLib\TCP\

Under "Additional Porperties" I have only the parameters :

URL

Password

User

but no parameter for the DB, can you please tell me the name of the parameter and the syntax ?=

Thanks and Regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos

It looks as if you missed that parameter during the instrallation and as result you do not see databaseName field.

By default, the port is 1433 for the SQL Server listener.

Regards,

Sergiy

ralf_schmitt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunaltey the port 1443 doesn't fit ....can I see the port somewhere in the MSSQL-Studio ?

ContainerImpl.startDataSources(): Cannot create DataSource: wipPool. Reason: com.sap.engine.frame.core.database.DatabaseException: Exception of type com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException occurred: The port number 1433\SAPME is not valid..

Or woudl you recommend to redeploy the complete SAPME ?

0 Kudos

Could you please try jdbc:sqlserver://server:port and then jdbc:sqlserver://server\instance:port with 1433?

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)