cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Change Base unit of measurement with table T006

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have done a PI mapping with RFC to expose BAPI_ENTRYSHEET_GETDETAIL as a webservice and it will display using Microsoft Share point as a frontend. it works.

But i found one of the field, ENTRYSHEET_SERVICES-BASE_UOM (Base Unit of Measure) will display difference as displayed in SAP R/3. What i have done is to modify the PI mapping using FixValues Conversion function and entered manually into fixvalues table: [https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7_guYOs1RGs/TWsMrTR3DdI/AAAAAAAABoc/OvKNkkGt2Ak/s1600/01mm.JPG].

and also done some modification on the mapping: [https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DVvLwrNnOKQ/TWsMOY2w3xI/AAAAAAAABoU/xc9y5L8xxvs/s1600/02mm.JPG].

instead i manually entered the values into the table, is there any others way for me to link to standard SAP table (T006) instead using the fixvalues function.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

instead i manually entered the values into the table, is there any others way for me to link to standard SAP table (T006) instead using the fixvalues function.

The other option could be maintaining the value mapping table in Integration Directory. In this case you don't have to do changes in your mapping every time when you get new value to be added in value mapping table.

2nd option could be value mapping replication method which will cache all selected values of T006 into XI runtime java cache. This option requires some additional efforst e.g. creation of an ABAP program, outbound proxy etc. For more info and links search on SDN.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to performance issues, I would recommend to go for value mapping or fixedvalue table option in XI, because the values which you are going to fetch from R/3 for UoM will always be fixed so there is no meaning to hit the database for these fixed values.

You may have to add new entries may be once in a while (if it is required) which is quite ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally second Sarvesh's view.. the RFC lookup will affect the performance of your interface. Going for Value mapping or Fixed value will be a prudent solution.

However, if you have specific requirement to go for RFC lookup, do have a look at the following link. Shabarish has suugested a good way to optimize the RFC call:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Puneet, the blog by Shabarish is indeed a good option but still it will hit the database to fetch and convert the values.

From the picture link below I think FixedValue Table is best option because it don't require any kind of extra effort or work in ABAP side.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7_guYOs1RGs/TWsMrTR3DdI/AAAAAAAABoc/OvKNkkGt2Ak/s1600/01mm.JPG.

In my opinion one should go for RFC LookUp when there is a needs to fetch some kind of variable data otherwise just fetching the fixed data using RFCLookup is not good option.

Anyway this just my opinion. So one should decide which option is best based on his/her requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sarvesh, I agree with you...Value ,apping/Fix values should be the way to go if the mapping is not dynamic and not updated frequently.

Though I am not sure about Firdaus's requirement but there are some limitations with Value mapping/fix value:

1. You can not download the list of mappings from value mapping, which can be a requirement sometimes. (Esp in rollouts and annual reconstruction of Org structure).

2. Also, if the mappings are changed/added then it has go through a change in PI. Whereas if its maintained in ECC table, a report can be built on top of it and even the business users can change as and when required.

I know these cases are very rare but trust me they do exist

@ Firdaus: Its totally your call now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

all your anwered is really helpful, i'll work try work on it. it is grateful if you could provide a simple tutorial on the

RFC lookup in SAP PI mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firdaus,

Which version of PI are you using ?

The following link will help if you are on PI 7.1

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

Else:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1b...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write a RFC lookup in SAP PI mapping and achieve the requirment.

You can refer the folowing links :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/1ec6ced273493a993a80c2301c03da/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either check if any RFC is available for this so that lookup can be done for the same..

else if possible create RFC in SAP itself and call BAPI and conversion function for UOM in RFC itself..

for fixValues you can set the default behaviour if passed value does not match ..instead of checking if else condition for the same...in your case pass default value as Key(i.e passed value does not match with the values maintained over there..)

HTH

Rajesh