cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when using search help using OVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented OVS help for 4 of my input fields.

Fetching the data and showing the help values in a pop window is working fine.

My problem is that once I press F4 help in FIELD1 and select a record, and placing the cursor in FIELD2,

its again going back to FIELD1. I am again placing the cursor in FIELD2 second time then it is retaining there.

So every time I press F4 help and going for second field, cursor is coming back to previous field where I pressed lass F4.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Kusuma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do i understand you correctly that

from field-1 you press f4,from popup select a value, popup closes,selected value appears in field_1

you change the filed focus from filed_1 to field_2 but then it automatically goes back to filed_1.

Few theory comes in mind.

1. you are too quick in changing the focus while to round trip and rendering is not yet completed,so the runtime bring the focus back to the field_1.

2. In your source, some where you have request _focus for this context attribute but then it is not clear to me why it works only one time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

You got my problem right. The cursor goes back to the previous field where the F4 was pressed.

But I could not get about the two things you are talking about.

Please throw some light on the focus that you are talking about.

Regards,

Kusuma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 methods available to request focus on UI element.

1.REQUEST_FOCUS from the view controller

2. REQUEST_FOCUS_ON_VIEW_ELEM method from if_wd_view

when the f4 help is still on completing, 1.REQUEST_FOCUS from the view controller would be called by the runtime. This was my first theory.

second one is that in the view, in wddomodify or in other methods, this call is happening happening to set the focus manually based on some condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am placing the cursor in the second field after I have selected a record in the first field's F4 help and the value is fetched in the field1.

I am no where using the request_focus in my program.

Am not able to get the problem !

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think, some how it is to do with ovs and field 1. i am not sure how this ovs's are connected . what you can do is to test this by removing ovs to these fields temporarily.

However also i would advice you to raise a support ticket with SAP.