cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2ee Can't start after JDK upgrade on system with Wily Introscope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

For one of our portal server java patching is done from java 1.4.2.22 to java 1.4.2.25. And on this server Wily Introscope is installed.As per SAP when ever we upgrade java we need to re-create "AutoProbeConnector.jar" and update the JAVA VM parameters in configtool.

I know the procedure to re-create "AutoProbeConnector.jar" if the Introscope agent is installed manually .

Below are the steps to be followed to re-create if it is manual type.

i)Re-create the AutoProbeConnector.jar file

>wily>connector

java -jar CreateAutoProbeConnector.jar -jvm /opt/java1.4 -output

AutoProbeConnector.jar

Output file AutoProbeConnector.jar created.

ii)Setting Java vm parameters through configtool.

-

Xbootclasspath/p:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/connectors/AutoProbeConnector.jar:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/Agent.jar

-

Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/usr/sap/ccms/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=<AgentName>

But my systems Introscope agent is created automatically by SDM agent.if this is the case we need to re-execute the Introscope agent setup again to re-create the AutoProbeConnector.jar file.

Can you any one tell me the procedure to do this activity, if possible with steps and the paths to be followed.

Classpath parameter file which says it is installed automatically.

ID27689350.JavaParameters=-Xbootclasspath/p:/usr/sap/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.7.2.3.0-2008-08-11/wily/connec

tors/AutoProbeConnector.jar:/usr/sap/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.7.2.3.0-2008-08-11/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.i

ntroscope.agent.agentName=BPD_JC02_server0 -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/usr/sap/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAG

ENT.7.2.3.0-2008-08-11/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile -Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORB

Proxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -Djco

.jarm=1 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -verbose:gc -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+UseParNewGC -Xms2048M -X

X:NewSize=320M -XX:NewSize=320M -XX:HandlePromotionFailure -XX:PrintClassHistogram -XX:HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:PermSize=256

M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -Drdbms.driverLocation=/oracle/BPD/920_64/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar -Dsys.global.dir=/usr/sap/BPD/SYS/global/

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope this guide here might help you

[https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700001995842008E|https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/sapdownload/011000358700001995842008E]

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thanks for the update.

I have gone through the document, and currently i require to update the Introscope Agent via SMD.

In the document it is mentioned as the navigation

Launch the Introscope Setup application: Diagnostics Setup > Managed Systems>Introscope Agent.

These are the below doubts i have.

1>How should i enter to "Launch the Introscope setup application"

2>and then followed by Diagnostics setup.

Kindly help me in detailed navigation, for example to which server i need to login(is it the Enterprise Manager server ?)

Awaiting your reply.

best Regards

Rakesh