Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread deleted - but still replies are allowed

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see this thread [PM integrated with PS|/message/10041904#10041904 [original link is broken]] , The first post of OP was deleted yesterday. But still the OP is able to assign ponits and others are able to reply to this thread. But this thread is not seen in the forum. If the OP can still assign ponits and carry out discussion even after deleting his initial question. then what is the point of deleting it? Is it a bug or the system design? Please check it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I deleted the single reply that was made.

As an administrator, I see an option just to delete the original post or the post and all replies. While it usually does not make much sense to just delete the OP and not the replies, maybe JIVE envisioned some circumstances where this is needed.

Edited by: David Branan on Feb 28, 2011 6:24 AM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There were several replies before and actually I abused some replies. So, may be moderator might have deleted those replies based on the abuse reports and I can also see that points were removed from the person who made the replies. So, it seems to me that if you delete only OP message and leave the replies, OP is able to continue the discussion, may be, by the link sent to his/her email and If someone has put a watch for that thread, then he might get the thread update information and can make his reply.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this can happen when the original post is rejected following an abuse report, but the thread is not locked. I for my part (ABAP forums) am locking the thread before rejecting the initial post, removing points when necessary.

Thomas

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys - I had deleted the post after reviewing the abuse report.

I usually lock the thread but must have have forgotten this time.

Virendra

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

So from the above conversation, I can understand that only way of forbidding user to make replies and assign ponits is to lock the thread. Deleting initial post will still allow to make replies and assign ponits. May be this is the way the system has been designed. But, It would be nice that even if you just delete the initial post, without locking it, should not allow for the replies.

Answers (0)