Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design File to File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need a best design for the scenario.Can anyone help on this

Once all the jobs are executed sucessfully in R/3.All the data files will be available in R/3.Then a trigger file will be available in PI

folder.PI has to pick up the data file sent to some third party system.

using shell script we can achieve this.what i want to know can we use BPM for this or someother way is thr to achieve this?

plz advice on this

Thanks

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Please let us know which approach did u go with and how was your experience ?

This will certainly help other info seekers in the future.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

You can follow below two approaches.

1) Once all jobs executed successfully, create all files in the one of the specified folder on AL11. Using drive mapping

map the particular folder to PI AL11 folder. There using NFS file to file (Depending on the receiver ) pass the file to receiver.

2) When all files created on the application server AL11. Read them using abap program and pass to PI using proxy.

If you do not need to do any conversion in the file then you can use first approach and if you want to change anything in file then use second approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar/Raj,

its a flatfile available in Al11.No mapping is required as it only file to file transformation.

Sekar,

what RCC file server?once all jobs are ran sucessfully we will get a trigger file in PI folders.Then we need to process the file feom R/3 and sent to third party system.

Raj,

Can u please explain about your fiest apporach.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

It seems to be a simple file to file scenario (and that to without mapping) and you dont need to use BPM for this.

You can refer the following link to create a scenario by bypassing IR objects:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FiletofilewithoutusingwithIntegration+Repository

Also, if you are using PI 7.1 go for AAE functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created using AAE in PI7.1.But my doubt is once you get trigger file in PI.Interface has to schdule to pick up the data file

from R/3.How we can achieve this?

Thanks

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me understand your requirement;

1. You will get a trigger file in PI--> PI interface will be triggered

2. PI has to go back to ECC and then read the files from source folder

3. FTP/ transfer the files to a 3rd part reciever ?

Cant PI directly poll the AL11 folders in ECC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes your understanding is rite..

PI cant directly poll coz some jobs are running in R/3...once job completed we wil get trigger file in PI...then we need initate the interface...

Thanks

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a couple of solutions for you:

1. Use OS command before message Processing for the Trigger file in PI,if it exists continue processing with the main data file in ECC. Now in your OS command for after message processing check for the same trigger file and delete it.

2. Use BPM with the following steps:

1. Fork with two receive step (one for trigger file and one for dat) . The end condition of fork is when both brach is completed.

2. transformation step

3. send step

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

Using shell scripts is the best option for transferring the files. In your case you are trying for a solution where XI is serving only as file mover to another system. Here no mapping is required. To do this you have to create an element and one message type say x. This x will be underlying two message interfaces inbound and outbound.The communication channels (FTP adapter) will require no FCC at all but you need to use binary mode. Just create a file to file scenario for small file size. In case of huge files you have to write adapter modules to zip the file before it gets into IE, otherwise PI performance will go down. I think BPM is not essential here.

Hope this helps.

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Feb 28, 2011 1:31 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need a best design for the scenario.Can anyone help on this

>

> Once all the jobs are executed sucessfully in R/3.All the data files will be available in R/3.Then a trigger file will be available in PI

> folder.PI has to pick up the data file sent to some third party system.

>

After executing all job's they are sending data in IDoc/BAPI format or flat file.??

if it is a flat file then stored it in RCC File server, pick up the data from there using File sender chanell send it to Third party syste,

> using shell script we can achieve this.what i want to know can we use BPM for this or someother way is thr to achieve this?

>

you dont required BPM for this, even you dont required Shell scipt also.

Regards,

Raj