cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process (Integration) monitoring - Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement here for business process monitoring at my client. The client wants to have a solution for monitoring of few key business processes for example incoming orders. The flow data flow is as follows: third party system -> AS2 -> XI1 ->XI2 -> MQ->ERP. Ideally, all the incoming messages should be processed within 3 minutes of sending by thirdy party system. The basic requirement from business to have a view of the number of messages sent by the external system and numbers of orders created in the system and if there is any message with processing time of more than 3 minutes, it should be reported. Also, if there is any failure in any of the points of failure - the reason of failure needs to be reported

I am thinking of using solution mnaager diagnostics and willy introscope for collecting data from XI Adapter framweork and Integration engine and the ERP system.

My queries -

Can solution manager fetch the data from non SAP system - AS2 service/MQ etc? if yes, how?

The solution i am thinking of - is it good one or is there any better solution - light weight/performance efficient?

In case i go ahead with the approach mentioned above, would there be an extra licensing cost for installing SMD agents and Willy on different applications?

Can we do a simple reporting i ERP system by fetching data from XI1 & XI2 systems? I understand that it wouldnt give us any details of the Java components or non SAP applications, but keeping in mind the limitations, is it a viable solution?

Any inputs would be great.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

To monitor the process you described I suggest you to use BPM.

You can find more information on BPM here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQBusinessProcess+Monitoring

or trigger a new message in SV-SMG-MON-BPM

or BC-CCM-MON

Regarding the SMD Agent. Yes you can use the SMD Agent in any operational system. You will be able to monitor all the saposcol data using the SAP Host Agent (memory, cpu, disk and all OS related data).

You can use the Introscope Agent to monitor the Java of third party / non SAP Apllications, you must follow the manual configuration in the Introscope Setup Guide (http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> media library). This would enable to monitor the Java threads, java memory and other java related data. This scenario would have to be supported by you since it's not meant to monitor a SAP product. The Java instance of this application must load some files to load up the introscope agent and a lot of manual work must be done to adapt it.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on Jun 2, 2011 6:54 PM

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on Jun 2, 2011 6:54 PM