cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot number for number of batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How to get the one inspection lot number for number of batches and need to know enter the results for each batch. My scenario is as follows.

I'm having one process order with 1000 kg. I'll do GRN for this process order with 300, 300, 400 qty. # batch numbers are created. I need one inspection lot for 1000 kg say X1and for 3 batches also say X2, X3 and X4. Inspection lot X1 will be mentioned in the COA. X2, X3 and X4 inspection lots with 3 GRN batches also i need to record the results. I'll use that three batches in another process. These 3 lot numbers i'll use internally. If i got any complaint in X1 lot they will go and check in X2, X3 and X4.

How to represent this scenario in SAP?

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the QM view of the material master you can set indicator for Control of Inspection Lot Creation

If you set the indicator,"An inspection lot for each material and batch" the system creates only one inspection lot for each material and batch. This setting is for materials with batch management.

But i am not sure whether you can enter different inspection results for various batches.

Make a try and confirm

Regards

Hari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't. You can only have one batch per inspection lot. You can use one process order, and have three batches, that is not a problem. I wasn't clear if you had different test results for each batch or if you only want to record results once and apply them to all three batches. If you use one set of results then why do you even have three batches to start with?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Actually my client manufactures PVC film. There we have big roll and small rolls. I'm giving the example, For big roll production they can go for approximately 2 tons. In that 5 big rolls will come. each big roll is notated with batch number. each roll have 500kg. That big roll will take for cutting and that roll will cut into small rolls. One big roll have number of small rolls based on the customer requirement.

I need to do inspection for each big roll of each batch with results and i need one inspection lot number for whole qty i.e 2 tons.

How to map it?

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two options.

Option 1 -

Let SAP automatically create IL for batches X2,X3, X4 etc.

Manually create additional inspection lot for the the batch X1.

Option2 : Use Userexit QAAT001 to create additional Inspection lot for batch X1.

What I am more worried about is, how can have different results for each of these inspection lots.

Which one will you use for COA. What happens during automatic result transfer from QM to Classification do you want restuls for batch X1 or X2 to be transferred?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still not clear on the inspection. I know you said you want one inspection lot for the full 2 tons and one for each roll. But you didn't indicate what the difference in testing was. Also, do you create another order for the cutting process to the smaller rolls? If you do, you can use the functionality of getting inspection results from the production chain in the COA and wouldn't even need any additional inspection lots.

If you make a continuous run, and the inspection is all the same I'm not sure why you have each roll as a separate batch if the only difference is the fact that they are individual rolls.

This is really no different than a chemical process where we make a batch of material and pack it out into 1 ton super sacks. We don't make each super sack a new batch number. The super sacks can than be hung and used to fill pails, drum, etc.. But typically we carry the same batch number through them all and all the same inspection results.

Now some places do make a super sack a handling unit for tracking purposes. That might be something to look into instead of making each roll a batch.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

For all rolls same results only. But for each roll we need to record. For each roll no is represented with batch number.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I'm putting one process order for small rolls also. We have different costs for big and small rolls. So, we created two materials.

Naren

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion.

Material A, bulk film . Create process order, receive one batch 2 tons, one inspection lot record results.

Material B, large roll. Create process order. Consume bulk film batch. Receive your 5 different batches, get five different inspection lots. Use the "copy inspection results" functionality and the system will automatically copy the results from the bulk batch to the 5 inspection lots for the rolls.

Material C,D,etc... Create process order for cutting small rolls. Consume larege roll material B. You'll get an inspection lot for each batch of the small roll you receive. Again, the copy inspection results forward functionality is used and the result from the large roll batch used is copied to theses small roll inspection lots.

If you set this up right, you only have to record results on the initial bulk film inspection lot.

The only change in your process as I understand it would be an extra process order. So the trade off is one additional process order, or rerecording results 6 to xx times. Of course every time someone has to manually retype the results, you have to worry about typos and errors. In addition you'll now have full traceability from bulk film to small film.

FF