Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a new tab to su01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a request from the security team to see if there can be a section or tab added to the su01 transaction where they can enter comments when the user is terminated. I looked to see if there was a user exit where I could add this but I could not find anything. I am thinking that I would have to create a custom object to be able to accomplish this.

has anyone ever had to do this type of coding before? is do, could you share how you did it.

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a best practice, usually the terminated users are assigned to a particular user group e.g: TERMINATED in addition to end-dating and locking the user ids. I don't see any necessity to customize SU01 for this purpose.

Thanks

Sandipan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a best practice, usually the terminated users are assigned to a particular user group e.g: TERMINATED in addition to end-dating and locking the user ids. I don't see any necessity to customize SU01 for this purpose.

Thanks

Sandipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

A better option than modification of SU01 is to terminate the user based on an event, which kicks the task into motion and includes moving the ID into a dedicated user group, locking their account, etc. The record is then the event itself (such as in HR employee promotion or whatever).

That is exactly what IdMs do and it is typically freely definable there.

Within SU01 there are exits but NOT for the screen tabs and they are no longer officially documented... but still rather easy to find if you try a search first policy.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 25, 2011 10:18 PM

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with guys that SU01 might not be the best place to store this info. If you think about it than employees have multiple digital identities so this would just cover one identity. HR system or IdM sounds to me as better place. Anyway, I am not sure if this is possible for SU01 but you could try to activate GOS for SU01 which would give you possibility to attach documents to user.

Cheers