Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete value in MDM, does not remove the value in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here is the issue

A Vendor has a value in the field "District" in MDM and it was syndicated to ECC and it was populated correctly. Now we want to delete this value from the MDM field and not replace it with any other value. When we do this and resyndicate it does not delete the value from ECC.

Reason is that MDM does not syndicate the element <DISTRICT> when the value is NULL.

I believe if I was able to send <DISTRICT></DISTRICT> via the syndicator even when NULL, then the value would be deleted from ECC. Is there some property in the syndicate that would allow me to force this element to be created in every XML despite not having value from the syndication mapping?

OR

Is there a code that I can pass as a default value in the syndication mapping for deleting values, much like the "/" ingore code?

Thanks,

Matt W

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

matt,

NULL is no value as regarded by MDM; hence the value is not syndicated to ECC

instead

1. use a " " space to represent to value in MDM and same will be syndicated to ECC

or

2. keep it NULL and transform values in Syndicator to " "

see is this helps

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

I have tired to place a " ", space, in the syndication map's default value. However, the syndicator does not accept a space a a value, so this does not work. SAP should provide a code like "/", ignore, for fields you want to have this delete capability.

-Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt

What is happen in ERP side if you didnt send that value at all?

If nothing just unmap that field in your syndicator and update your map or delete it.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matt,

What is the interface you are using to connect SAP MDM and SAP ERP ?

Can you have some coding for this field at Middleware level ?

Regards

Praful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please make <DISTRICT> as a required field in the XSD which you are using in syndicator.

If a value exists for <DISTRICT> then that value will be mapped, if no value exists then you will get <DISTRICT></DISTRICT>

Thanks

Aamir