cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery creation in WM - mapping to process type 1011 in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to EWM and have to configure handling units for picking and putaway in EWM.

I am creating an inbound delivery w.r.t Purchase order in WM and passing it to EWM. During the warehouse order creation I am packing the materials in a packing material. however, the warehouse process type is 1010 and I want it to relflect 1011.

So I wanted to know how to configure the system either on the WM or the EWM side so that when the inbound delivery is received on the EWM side it maps it to process 1011.

Arup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the determination of the warehouse process type is done before you pack. So creating the HU doesn't change anything. You need to determine the WHPT correctly when the inbound delivery in EWM is created (from the inbound delivery notification). The HU should be created in the inbound delivery in ECC or through a packing specificaiton (what you probably mean by "During the warehouse order creation I am packing the materials in a packing material."?) (haven't tested if creating the HU in the EWM inbound delivery would work at all).

Check the settings for the warehouse process type determination.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the problem sorted out.

Got this done my mapping the document type and the item type mapping from the WM system to the EWM.

That got it working.

Thanks for the response.

Arup

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To put across my question more clearly here is where I am right now. I pass the delivery to the EWM side. There I pack the materials. There is a HU association with the packing material.

When I go to the screen with the follow on functions- warehouse task. Then when I choose the handling unit tab and click on the exectute button associated with the Whouse Req then there should be a Line item displaying the handling unit that was created in the previous step.

However this is not happening and when I click on the execute button the line item does not show up.

So I was wondering if there is some configuration that needs to be done to get the HU displayed?

Arup