cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM priority is ignored during planning and scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have an issue where system is ignoring PPM priority which is maintained instead it selects the PPM with high priority while planning and scheduling.

Details of the issue: System ignores the PPM priority and selects the PPM with high priority u2013 This is seen when we have more than 1 PPMs.

e.g. I have a product which can be produced on 2 different resources, since the capacity is different on these resources, we created 2 PPMs instead of using alternate modes..

PPM 1 has Priority u20180u2019 ( Highest priority ) with resource having 21 hrs capacity / day

PPM 2 has priority u2018100u2019 ) Lower Priority with resource having 24 hrs capacity / day,

When system plans and schedules, it ignores the PPM priority for the orders which are late and selects the PPM with more capacity. Is there a way where it respects the PPM priority irrespective of capacity?

We are currently in SCM 7.0.

Did anyone faced this kind of issue before and what was done to correct this behavior?

Thanks and regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Murali.

capacity is a decisive factor in deciding the source of supply in PP/DS. The source of supply determination occurs as described in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/ef/22b1e4947a324285c2d7b24f117a82/frameset.htm

Hence if the source of supply with higher priority cannot fulfil the demand on time, the system tries to find another one which can.

Regards,

Tiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PPDS source determination is carried out with following logic.

1. First system checks which source of supply meets demand on time.

2. If both the source of supplies can meet demand on time then it takes source of supply considering priority.

3. If none of source supply can meet demand on time it checks source of supply which causes shortest delay and selects that.

4. If all source of supplies can meet demand with same delay duration then it selects source of supply considering priority.

You can have following option-:

1. In SCM7.0 for procurement planning heuristic you can enable interactive sourcing option to select interactively.

2.You can modify this standarad behaviour using badi "/SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT" method "RRP_USEX_SOURCE_FILTER"

Regards,

Santosh

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Its a good summary, however, I have noted a diff behavior in our case, where we do CDP with Block Planning. Not sure if your statements can be extended generically to all the functionalities within PP/DS. Here are my points vis-a-vis yours -

1. If a Product can be manufactured with 2 different PDS's, then the system will ALWAYS flow with the Priority PDS, even if there is a possibility that it can be made with lesser delay on the "Lesser Priority" resource.

2. Atleast in Block Planning, system does not auto pick the Resource to manufacture the Product with minimal delay, there has to be a system enhancement to achieve the same.

3. We tried our bit with "INTERACTIVE SOURCING" in SCM7.0. Its a very good idea, but has long way to be used productively, coz in its current form, it can ONLY be used in the APO system, i.e. cannot be called on Sales Orders being created from ECC. Otherwise, for APO created Orders (which we seldom do, except FCST's may be), its pretty handy.

Let me know if you have diff thoughts specific to my points.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Currently I am also woring with CDP with block planning. Explanation given by me doesnot hold true in case of CDP with block planning . I also observed same thing as observed by you.

But Inother cased explanation given by me is true.

Regards,

Santosh