cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background job stays running forever and log is not being written.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have scheduled background job for full user sync in RAR. and the status shows as running and it is like forever. I have checked CCAPPCOMP.0.log and it is blank. Log is not being written. I have tried restarting Bgear application in visual admin as well. Also backgroup deamon is also running.

I have ECC 6.0 EHP3 and GRc 5.3 with package level 7.

Please help me in resolving this. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all to get log reflected in CCAPPCOMP.0.log, you need to change log settings in RAR from SAP Logger to Java logger and then take a restart. After that log will be written to CCAPPCOMP.0.log.

For time being, you can check logs in default trace files. Please also paste error here. Check also whether connector in RAR is working fine or not.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunny.

SAP Adapter was not running. Hence the issue. Do I need to start SAP Adapter everytime I restart the server?. I thought it would be running automatically or else is there any setting that starts SAP adapter automatically when server is restarted.

Thanks,

Raj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I asked for SAP Connector in RAR not SAP Adapter. SAP Adapter is required only in case you are using Risk Terminator in ECC system. So, please check RAR connectors and also check background daemon.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny for your help. Problem has been solved. Points awarded.

Answers (0)