Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax data in sales view

former_member1021627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone tell me why when I creating material master in MM01, I have tax for two countries.

Normally I will just have the data for only one country.

Somebody could tell how can I set Only one coutry in the tax classification and delete the other country?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Kari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This must be the result of assignment of the plant(which are located in other coutries) and assignement of those plants to the sales organization and distribution channel, which is in different country.

Check the path SPRO->Enterprise structure->Assignment->Sales and distribution->Assignment of sales org & dist channel to plant. Here you can remove the plant assignments, which are not necessary to the sales organization and DC and then check again in MM01.

Regards,

former_member1021627
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answer,

I have Checked the path SPRO->Enterprise structure->Assignment->Sales and distribution->Assignment of sales org & dist channel to plant, but I have always two countries in tax data when I launch MM01!!

Do you kow it there is another customize point to check?

Thanks

Kari

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then check in the path SPRO --> Sales & Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Taxes. Here remove the tax condition assigned to other countries and check again. For example UTXJ needs to be maintained only for US ,then remove UTXJ assignment to other countries.

Regards,

former_member1021627
Participant
0 Kudos

I have checked, and I still have the problem!

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned before and as per OSS Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution, the plant assignment to the sales organization impacts the data in the material master. The note indicates,

Tax classification of the material

For example, the tax classification of the material determines whether the material is fully, half or not liable for tax. Due to this classification, you can determine different tax rates. The tax classification is determined from the material master and you can change it manually in the sales and distribution document at item level. The system displays the countries provided in the material master in the Sales and Distribution area: Sales organization, from the plant assignment (plant country) for the distribution channel and division (transaction OVX6). In this case, you can store a tax classification for each tax category or condition and country.

Also other notes indicate as;

Tax data is maintained in the material master in conjunction with the settings made in Customizing for Sales.

The relevant settings are:

- assignment of plants to sales organization

- assignment of country to plant

- assignment of country to sales organization (via company code)

- tax per country.

Note that whenever you make changes in configuration side, you need to create new material master and check.

Regards,

Answers (0)