Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Problem installing SAP Netweaver EHP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, we are installing a Java Central Instance of SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP2

in Windows Server 2008 64bits.We are using as database Oracle 10.2.0.4

and Java j2sdk1.4.2_29-x64. Our problem is that the SAPInst stops in the"Install Software units" phase.

The error is the following:

"An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including

Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server Java > Oracle > Central

System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :uncaught

exception: nw.sdm.deploymentErrorWithLog: SDM deployment failed for at

least one of the components to be deployed. SOLUTION: Check C:Program

Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-JAVA/ORA/CENTRAL//callSdmViaSapinst.log

for more information. (in script unknown, line 0: ???)). "

The error in the file callSdmViaSapinst.log is the following:

"Error: Aborted: development component 'irj'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'7.0203.20100204103010.0000'/'3', grouped by software component 'EPBC'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.7.02.3.0.20100219210500''/'3':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [] with user name:

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. No server is running. "

We tried using Java and ABAP as UME provider and the same error occurs in both cases. And we are doing a local

installation using a user who is member of Administrators Group.

We have already tried the following:

1 Stop J2EE Engine

2 Start SDM in standalone mode.

3 Change password for Administrator user

4 Start SDM in integrated mode

5 Restart the J2EE engine

With this procedure the SDM server starts and everything in the MMC is

green but when I continue with the sapinst the same error occurs.

Another thing that is relevant is that we can´t login in Visual

Administrator with the user "Administrator" (Error while connecting

java.lang.NullPointerException) but if we activate the emergency user

SAP* we are able to login in this application.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

You mentioned you have tried with java and abap UME provider. Have you changed the datasource? Keep in mind that not all changes are allowed and in general this may be a complex change.

If you have already checked that the java system is up and running, then the problem must be the Administrator user. You can try to logon as SAP*, then correct password in the UME. Afterwards, connect to the config tool, go to the secure store and ensure you are using the same password.

This SAP note: 756084 may be also interesting for you.

Regards,

Désiré

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

I'm really glad to hear that

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Thank you for the first post. The note 756084 sent me to the note 1313644 who help me to solved my problem. The problem was that in the folder <JDK_HOME>/jre/lib/security the files java.policy and java.security were not present.

Really thank you for the answer.

Kind Regards

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esteban,

So I understand you have installed the system as java + abap, so the datasource is currently abap? If you perform such an installation, the java admin user is J2EE_ADMIN by default, not Administrator.

I think it would be useful if you could run the web diagtool to obtain a trace with more details on the error. You can find information on how to run the tool at SAP note 1045019.

Best regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, when I made the change of the administrator password I also did it in the secure store.

On the other hand, when I talk that I have already tried with java and abap as UME provider was in 2 diferents installations. First I installed with Java as UME provider and because this didn´t not work, then I installed again using ABAP as UME provider.

Any suggestion?

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you changed the "Administrator" user password, did you also make the corresponding changes in the J2EE Config Tool

Secure store?

Goto config tool -> secure store -> entry admin/passord/<sid>.

This should match the changed password for user Administrator.

Regards,

Srikishan