Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Vendor Certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client has the following business requirements:

1. Material not relevant for Quality Inspection

2. Record 1 Vendor Certificate Receipt per PO/item (not per GR).

3. Confirm the vendor Certificate during the GRN

4. Every time the material is received (via GRN) and the the certificate is not received, the material should be always posted to block stock.

How to set up those requirements in SAP?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. Record 1 Vendor Certificate Receipt per PO/item (not per GR).

In SAP actually Certificate is stored as per purchase order.For multiple entries against PO,multiple certificate are stored against

3. Confirm the vendor Certificate during the GRN.

This is Possible as default as you have to enter "YES/NO" during MIGO

4.In QCC0->QM in logistic>Certificate---->control with certificate --->as "With lot: Error message Without lot: block stock"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank very much for your reply,

I have set up as you have mentioned, however when I do partial GR (for example a second GR for same PO number) the material is not posted to block stock (suppossing the 2nd GR the Vendor certificate still missing).

Just the first GRN the stock is posted to block stock (after flag certificate enclosed "NO"). The Vendor Certificate is created with the corresponding status.

In another words how to set up the system to ensure the material is always posted to block stock in a while the vendor certificate still to be expected?

Thank you

Edited by: sappmqm on Feb 25, 2011 3:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What options you have selected in customization of creating a certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit

As per the client requirements mentioned in my first note the settings for the Certificate type are TICKED for:

u2022 Certif for each PO/Item: to allow one Certificate per PO/Item

u2022 Enhanced cert. processing: to allow to create a Certificate per PO/Item

The option of Control without certificate is *B without lot: block stock; with lot: status, no skip to stock* to alow to post to block stock in case the certificate still missing with no inspection lot

All the remaining settings are NOT TICKED or BLANK:

u2022 Certif per GR/Item

u2022 Certificate Check Required

u2022 No Certif confirmation at GR

u2022 Remind deadline and escalation

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

tick Certificate Check Required

and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini

I believe that setting is just relevant when the lot is created. Howvere I have just ticked that box and the second GRN still not post to blocked stock.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this case u have to tick Certif per GR/Item

i know that u don't want certificate for each gr, but system will post material to block stock each time u confirm 'No' at gr creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is the case I believe we are facing a bug. As per SAP (help.sap.com), it says if the certificate yet to be delivered (regardless if is for PO/Item or GR) the goods should be posted to block stock, means if the status of the certificate is "Expeceted to be delivered" the goods should be posted to block stock.

Also I have noticed, only the first GRN is assigned to vendor certifcate receipt which in my opinion does not make sense as the certificate is just relevant for PO and not GRN. And moreover in my example if we have more than 1 GRN for each PO/Item the system does not store the the susbsequent GRN in the vendor certificate. So why do we have the GRN in the vendor certificate when the setting is just for PO/Item?

I am not sure what SAP says about that but it sounds a bug to me. Unless there are another solutions where I didn't find yet.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.posting of material to block stock depends upon the certificate setting in config.

as u have set 'Without lot - block stock , it will move to block stock if certificate is yet to be delivered.

2. u have set cerrtificate for po item , that's why if u create 2nd gr for samepo item material will not be posted to block stock as there is no certificate confirmation at this level.

to solve ur problem add 'certificate for each gr item ' and then check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini

That cannot be the solution as the vendor just supplies one certificate per PO and not per GR. If I set Certif per GR I will have a certificate receipts per each GRN which does not represent the business reality.

Thanks

Answers (0)