cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help not appearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a structure , with a field named TABLE_NAME with forien key linked to DD02L-TABNAME and search help DD_TABL . I have used the field in webdynpro as input field ( context refering to the dictionary structure) , but the search help button is not appearing in the page. If i refer the field as parameter in an executable program (se38), the search help is working, Please let me know, Am i missing something in webdynpro ?

One more thing ..Will the Webdynpro do the automatic validation against the check table entry or is there any procedure to validate the unpit value to check tables ?

Thanks,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali..

If Search help is available at dictionary level, it will come automatically, no need to do anything.

Please go to context and select that attribute and in attribute properties check

Check and let me know...

Cheers..

Kris.

Edited by: kissnas on Feb 25, 2011 12:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Thanks..

Now the problem reaced to different stage . i can see the search help button in the screen, when i press it , throws the below mentioned run time error.. Please let me know, what is wrong with my program.

What has happened?

The URL http://<System>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zrmk_alv_report_gen/ was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system *I37 : Screen output without connection to user.* The error occurred on the application server cmgsap37_I37_10 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Form: CALL_SELECTION_SCREEN of program SAPICDT_

Form: S_INPUT_SEARCH of program SAPLSEUA

Form: INFOSYSTEM_INPUT of program SAPLSEUA

Form: INFOSYSTEM_START of program SAPLSEUA

Function: REPOSITORY_F4_SELECT_DARK of program SAPLSEUA

Function: RS_F4_INFO of program SAPLSDY1

Function: RS_F4_INFO_TABL of program SAPLSDY1

Form: CALL_SHLP_EXIT of program SAPLSDSD

Function: DD_SHLP_SINGLE_STEP of program SAPLSDSD

Method: SHLP_LOOP of program CL_WDR_ELEMENTARY_SEARCH_HELP=CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You are getting this error, when u run application or when u click search help button?

At search help means u need to check search help.

and go to st22 tcode and ceck where exactly you are getting error.

Cheers,

Kris.

Edited by: kissnas on Feb 25, 2011 1:27 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would suspect that your choosen search help has a search help exit. Within this search help exit there is a CALL SCREEN. This is rare, but when it occurs it creates a search help that is no compatible with Web Dynpro ABAP. You simply can't use this search help then. You would have to create your own search help. Sometimes in a collective search help it is just one of the elemental helps that have this problem. You might be able to create your own collective that removes the offending element search help(s). Generally a call screen is used because the search help has a unique interface (like a tree for a hierarchy). You will likely have to replicate that in Web Dynpro by hand using the freely programmed value help.

Answers (0)