cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Layout oriented storage control config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are trying to configure the layout oriented storage control. We have done the required config as per our understanding. The system is identifying the requirement of the intermidiate step for the defined destination storage type.

The issue is, system is creating only one warehouse task to move the HU to ID point. It is not creating the second task to move it to final location. So basically, it is just replacing the final destination (as per the putaway logic) in the task to the ID point defined in layout oriented settings and not splitting the task.

Any pointers to the missing config / logic.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK there is nothing missing... This is standard SAP logic for a ID point scenario.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaurgen,

In the normal putaway process, single task is created with the destination type and bin determination as per the putaway strategy defined. Now, if we configure the layout oriented storage control, as per my undertanding from the the book, it should have created two tasks. One, to take the HU to the ID point. And second, from ID point to final destination.

In our case, only the task to get HU to ID point is beiing created. If this is correct behaviour, then how do we create the second task to get the HU to it's final location? Any seperate setting recommended?

Thanks in advance.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Now, if we configure the layout oriented storage control, as per my undertanding from the the book, it should have created two tasks. One, to take the HU to the ID point. And second, from ID point to final destination."

That is the behaviour for layout oriented storage control - but not if you use the interim storage type as I Point. So it depends what you want to do on the interim storage type / bin. Use it as an I Point (scan and dimension check)? The idea for that is that you decide only afterwards where the final bin is. And then you have to start the creation of the next warehouse task manually (or through a job or however). Or just use it as a physical interim point, but without any changes on the HU? Then do not use a interim storage type which is an I point resp. do not set the flag for I point. Then you will get two tasks.

Best regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

The tasks are gettig created. Just one more query. Inspite of confirmation of first task, the second task (putaway to final location) remains in waiting status. status Does not change to active. Any specific reason? Are we missing any step that would subsequently change the status to active?

Thanks.

Edited by: yudhishthir joshi on Mar 8, 2011 10:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configure the layout oriented storage control. I want to trigger this during picking for outbound to customer. I am picking from a HU managed storage type.

from source storage type --> intermediate storage type --> to 9020 storage type

This intermediate storage type is just a physical buffer, no extra steps are performed on the HU.

This is my configuration:

When I test this config, nothing happens. The result is one picking WT from H12 to 9020. Whereas I expect 2 WT's: - 1 WT from H12 to H11

- 1 WT from H11 to 9020

Do I miss other configuration?

Thanks for your help!

cristina_joulie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Remove the process type and try posting.

System should pick ID point.

another option, remove Interim storage section and try.

BR

nazeer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nazeer,

I succeeded by this setting:

In the storage type configuration. This triggers a HU WT in background to my resource while picking in RF. And this HU WT triggers my layout oriented storage control.

Best regards

rubn_lvarez
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot... you comment saved my day...