cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital signature issue in SAP-MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a problem in digital signature in MII 12.1. We are migrating a project created in MII 12.0 which uses digital signature. Whenever we want to log-on through digital signature an authentication error has occured but in 12.0, this problem hasn't occured any more.

Mainly, the icommand with audit and display template are not working properly.

We have tried to solve the problem but unfortunately we couldn't find any solution.

If any one can plz help us out in any other ways it would be very helpful.

Edited by: myself Ritwika on Feb 25, 2011 1:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritwika,

The names of the roles changed between 12.0 and 12.1, I wonder if maybe it is a migration issue. Can you open one of the iCommand templates and see what the assigned role is? For example, if it is the XMII Administrators role is now should read SAP_XMII_Administrator.

If this is the case, I advise you to open a ticket in the SAP Support system.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your suggestion......

But,

This is not an migration issue.

We have already created an iCommand in xMII 12.1 and use the role SAP_XMII_USER.But it creates the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritwika,

What is the exact version of 12.1, service pack and patch number?

- Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritwika,

Also, can you be more specific as to what the problem is? Are you getting an error message? Please give details.

- Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

Thanks for ur reply...

Exact version is 12.1.8 Build(24)

Actually,here we got an authentication failed msg...the error details is shown below:

authentication failed;the query will not run

the roll is required to authenticate

With Regards,

Ritwika

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritwika,

Are you using NW CE 7.1 SP5?

Also there is a note regarding some of the security updates done jointly with NW SP5 and MII 12.1.8. I think you have to modify some settings.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritwika,

This may not be related to your problem but worth a shot. The underlying query , is that a dynamic query, as in a query with out a query template?

With 12.1 there is a new role SAP_XMII_DynamicQuery. Try adding that role to your user and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritwika,

Are the User Name and Password correct? Is the User assigned to the SAP_XMII_User role in Netweaver? On the iCommand's Security screen, is the SAP_XMII_User assigned as a Reader role?

Have you checked the Netweaver log? There may be more detailed information there.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Mar 3, 2011 9:50 AM