cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam getting below error when iam running my WebdynproComponent in Portal.

Assign with length 0 in program SAPLSCA1

The termination type was *RABAX_STATE.

Function: Conversion_exit_sdate_output of program SAPLSCA1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Iam getting below error when iam running my WebdynproComponent in Portal.

>

> Assign with length 0 in program SAPLSCA1

>

>

> The termination type was *RABAX_STATE.

> Function: Conversion_exit_sdate_output of program SAPLSCA1

If this is a webdynpro component then it won't work with conversion-exits. Some how you are calling a FM which has conversion_exits. This would cause a session break and thus the application dumps.

You have to find another way to use FM or alter it such a way that when it runs in wda environment , it doen not enter the conversion_exits.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>If this is a webdynpro component then it won't work with conversion-exits.

That's not correct. Conversion Exits absolutely do work within Web Dynpro. I'm not sure where you got this information, but it is incorrect.

From the online help:

Input:

Conversion exits are called automatically. Any conversion errors are displayed.

Output:

Any conversion exits declared in the data element are called.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/3a/2232666aeb45f4b759848a4caf9c8b/frameset.htm

We would have serious problems with numberic character fields if conversion exits weren't supported in Web Dynpro.

I think the problem is perhaps in this exit itself. More details about where the dump occured would be helpful. There are some assigns in the logic and if h_lenght is 0, this could cause the asign with length 0. This could be cause by a really strange data format coming into the conversion exit.

You might set a breakpoint in the conversion exit and see if you can determin what data is passing through here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Thanks for correcting this.

In our project once we had problem that WDA application dumps because of entering date conversion exit. One of our colleague had found that out and corrected the conversion exit and we issued a circular that Conversion -exits need to be checked/altered in order to work with WDA.

That was the reason i posted. I think we also carried away with that information with out further investigation.

My apologies for the thread owner.