cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with tree function in WebDynpro ABAP getElementById(...) error in IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have build an simple tree function in Web Dynpro ABAP. I build the following context for the tree:

TREE (NODE)

.....FOLDER (NODE)

..........VALUE (FILE)

..........NAME (FILE)

..........FILE (NODE)

...............VALUE (FILE)

...............NAME (FILE)

The Tree is getting populated by two supply functions (FILE AND NODE) in the view:

Everything works fine so far, but while navigating in the tree ( with Internet Explorer ) the following issue comes up:

First I click on a node ( Plug gets fired and works)

Then I click on a file ( ( Plug gets fired and works)

Then I click again on a node and "Please wait..." comes up and the application hangs (no dump!). Internet Explorer shows the following error message:

(Message) Meldung: 'getElementById(...)' ist Null oder kein Objekt ( Is zero or not an object )

(Row) Zeile: 231

(Sign) Zeichen: 2

Code: 0

Does anybody know how to solve this issue??

Thanks a lot for your Help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen

Check by ST22 , where the error is occcuring .

Alternately try using debugger in the action of loading child in the tree. Check whether it a error related to your coding.

Regards,

Monishankar C

Former Member
0 Kudos

MonishankarC,

Thank you for your reply. ST22 doesn't show any errors because the application doesn't generate a dump. Coding seems to be fine - seems like the program is hanging in any SAP routine.

Thanks.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In theory there shouldn't be anything you could do which would produce a JavaScript error. In these cases, you should report them to SAP Support as some fixes in the rendering framework will likely need to be made.