Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy - scc8 vs scc9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

We are planning to do the client export import from production to

quality server using scc8 with profile sap_all.

Query I

1. For this activity we have calculated the client size using the report RSSAPCHECK in se38

2. From this report, the client size which we have got is 250 GB

3. We are going to use SCC8

4. We would like to know how much space will consume for the transport request created by the transcation scc8

5. Our current space avaliable in /usr/sap/trans is 30 GB

In nutshell, We would like to know how much space will consume the transport request created by scc8 for the client size of 250 GB.

Query II

Can we do the remote client copy using scc9 from production to quality while server is running? Please exclude the performance in both the prd and qa system.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing going to happn if u do remote client copy, Even Sap ECC6.0 system connected to like BI7.0, CRM, MDM...etc through RFC only for data Exatract. So my point gohead with remote client copy. SAP giving big sollution for each and every thing...

Thanks

BM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't suggest you for remote client copy and cient export and Import.

Why don't you do a system copy? That will be a better method to copy the data from PRO to QUA.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

how share the points to 2 people

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to have a look at following SAP notes

552711 - FAQ: Client copy

557132 - CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy

489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients

118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transport request takes around 10% of your total database size. so for 250 gb it must go to around 25gb.

Also export/import method is good for client copy with such db size.

Regards,

Dipesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCC8 performs well for you. Using SCC8 perform the client export and then your quality system perform client import using scc7.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Best option is Export/Import for huge data. As per my knowledge the export size will be around 10% or your current Client size. There are many Draw back on Remote client copy e.g. Performance, RFC-Failure, any of the system goes down, Time consuming. etc.

Regards,

Subhash

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Transport requests created would almost be of size 20 - 25 GB.

Remote client copy as many drawbacks, I would suggest you to go with Export and Import.

Regards,

Nirmal.K