cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL

I need help about how i store DMS file on my FILESERVE not in my DATABASE how i config it

Please Guide me

Nainesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nainesh,

Perhaps you should explore 'Vault' as a storage option in your case.The vault is a server that can be easily accessed within your intranet(file-server). You may maintain the details at SPRO > CA Components > Document Management system > General data > Define data carrier.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

on dms i stor file on ftp server but i cant retrive it when i try to show it give message

FTP Subcommand: local error'

what i do

nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need more clarity on your input parameters.Could you share the configuration settings that you have maintained for your 'Data Carrier' in DC20 transaction?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SIr

i, new in dms configuration second that in DC20 How i Config My FTP Server i Create FTP Serve with User name And Password and i alos maintent my FTP serve and his user name and password in General Data / Globle setting and now how i set datacariry and other thing

Nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Now I Sucesst in Store File on FTP serve but when i retrive the show ftp error

FTP subcommand: Local error

how i solved

Nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you setup the connection with FTP? Do share the complete details so as to enable us to help you.Currently,your inputs are hazy.

However,going by your responses,hope you have done the following for the vault with DVA:

A.Maintained global settings ( Determines whether you want to use Direct Vault Access (DVA) to transfer original application files from a vault to the frontend computer)

B.Defined data carrier

-Defined vault data carrier type

-Defined vault

C.Defined number ranges for vault (Checks the number ranges for the vault)

If properly configured,you should be able to process easily using your login credentials.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Lot i Configur and call u

Nainesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nainesh,

Please help me, How to store files on FTP server???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

Please help me, How to store files on FTP server in SAP DMS???

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one Expert can you please send me the configuration details to store file on FTP server from DMS

Thanks All.

I found the solution.

In case some is still looking for the solution here is the solution.

If you are not using the Knowledge Provider for storing and checking in original application files you can only store original application files in a vault that is managed by DMS. In Customizing of Document Management you must therefore in this case not set the indicator Storage using the Knowledge Provider . You have made the required setting under  Control data  Define document types.

Prerequisites for the Vault without DVA

The following table shows the settings you must make to set up a vault without DVA. In Customizing for theDocument Management System , choose  General Data  Define  Data  Carriers.

Activities for the Vault without DVA

Step

Activity

Define data carrier type vault

Define vault (without specifying the DVA computer)

Defines access path for vault

Define mount points / logical drive

Defines the prefix for the access path, for accessing the data carrier (logical drive)

Prerequisites for the Vault with DVA

The following table shows the settings you must define in Customizing for the Document Management System to set up a vault with DVA, by choosing General Data.

Activities for the Vault with DVA

Step

Activity

Maintain global settings

Determines whether you want to use Direct Vault Access(DVA) to transfer original application files from a vault to the frontend computer.

Define Data Carriers

1. Define data carrier type vault

2. Define vault (specifying the DVA computer)

Define Number Ranges for Vaults

Check the number ranges for the vault

Activities

1. Go to the Basic Data screen .
  2. Check whether the original file is stored on a server or a frontend computer.
  3. You can only perform the Check-in vault function for files that are stored on a server or frontend computer.
  4. Choose  Extras  Originals  File 1(2)  Check in vault.
  5. A dialog box appears containing all the vaults defined in Customizing for the Document Management System under  General Data  Define Data Carriers.
  6. Choose a vault.

The system saves the original application file to the chosen vault using a number assigned from an internal number range.

You see the message: File checked in to vault <Vault name>.

Answers (0)