cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process (Integration) monitoring - Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement here for business process monitoring at my client. The client wants to have a solution for monitoring of few key business processes for example incoming orders. The flow data flow is as follows: third party system -> AS2 -> XI1 ->XI2 -> MQ->ERP. Ideally, all the incoming messages should be processed within 3 minutes of sending by thirdy party system. The basic requirement from business to have a view of the number of messages sent by the external system and numbers of orders created in the system and if there is any message with processing time of more than 3 minutes, it should be reported. Also, if there is any failure in any of the points of failure - the reason of failure needs to be reported

I am thinking of using solution mnaager diagnostics and willy introscope for collecting data from XI Adapter framweork and Integration engine and the ERP system.

My queries -

Can solution manager fetch the data from non SAP system - AS2 service/MQ etc? if yes, how?

The solution i am thinking of - is it good one or is there any better solution - light weight/performance efficient?

In case i go ahead with the approach mentioned above, would there be an extra licensing cost for installing SMD agents and Willy on different applications?

Can we do a simple reporting i ERP system by fetching data from XI1 & XI2 systems? I understand that it wouldnt give us any details of the Java components or non SAP applications, but keeping in mind the limitations, is it a viable solution?

Any inputs would be great.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Your requirement could be met but it depends on what systems you have.

For example SAP Solution Manager 7.1 (which is now in ramp-up) would be able to get information from all the PI systems (PI 7.11 with the latest SP) and from ECC. You could also (mis)use the business process monitor framework in Solution Manager to give data from the 3rd party application.

If you don't have SM 7.1 and the required version of PI I'm afraid you will have to come up with your own solution or check if there is some other commercial one available,

Regards,

Horia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horia

Thanks for your reply. It is helpful. We have solution manager 7.0 and PI 7.0 SP12 at the moment however, we are looking ath upgrading the PI environment to 7.11.

In the as-is situation, are you saying that Solution Manager BPMon framework can't be used with PI systems? Also can you please elaborate your point on misusing the BPMon framework to collect data from non SAP systems?

Do we also need Solution manager diagnostics agent / Willy introscope installation on the PI/ERP systems to collect data from ABAP and JAVA instances?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ethan,

I'm not sure about the BPMon framework in Sol MAn 7.0 if it can be used with PI or not. I remember from teched that the end-to-end monitoring for PI was available only in 7.1 and with SAP PI 711.

From what I know wily gives you information about the status on the system (CPU, memory consumption etc) and not about the message flow so you can still use it but for the technical monitoring set up.

Also in teched I have participated at a hands-on workshop (ALM361 [http://www.sapteched.com/emea/edu_sessions/session.htm?id=542]) where we enabled the BPMon framework to use webservices provided by a non-sap application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Horia

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help on the topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any replies?