cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-use existing mapping to remove line breaks between appended files...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finishing up my remove header/trailer in a flat file to flat file project using java mapping and content conversion.

Multiple outbound files in with a single inbound file using the append functionality in the receiver comm channel.

Mapping and conversion working perfectly, Inbound file arrives in needed format but with blank line separators between the sets of records after appending. I need these lines removed so the single inbound file is seemless and can be processed by the back end. My existing mapping eliminates any detail row less than 20 characters (both header and trailer contain less than 20 chars) and concatenates them all for the inbound file.

It seems the best idea to move forward would be to use my existing mapping again for the file (after its initial append) that will eliminate any empty lines and spit out the final product. Is this the best scenario to use? If so I'm thinking that the existing map would do the same work again. I would copy it over and rename for fault reasons, of course, but in theory I think I'm on the right track.

In a nutshell

File1

File2 --->mapping to remove header/trailer >appendfiles->intermediatefile>remappingtoremoveblanklines>final product

File3

Any theologians care to comment on this one? Am I on the right track?

Thanks!

Don.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi don,

of the top of my head, maybe you are adding an extra line break in your message and that is why this gets the file with an empty line ? if you can remove that from your mapping then you're fine