Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF issues - Classes & Chars

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Folks,

We deal with CDP & Block Planning in APO with VC on the EC side. CIFing Classes & Characteristics has been a big nightmare to me. I've tried looking around in SAP help, can't find a good documentation regarding the details -

1. Sequence/Order to be followed

2. How to approach adding Chars to classes & CIF of the same to APO

3. Org Areas in APO

Is there a better place to look for this detail?

Help me, if u can

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps:

1. Create Organization Area in ECC. Assign Org Ares to class type 300

2. Create Characteristics

3. Create Class

3.1 Assign Organization Area in the Initial screen

3.2 Assign Organization Area at the Characteristics screen

• You can assign Organization Area to the Characteristics screen if Org Area is assigned in the initial classification screen

4. Assign class to materiel (You will need configurable materiel and Configuration Profile if you have OD - also i think con fig profile needs to have org area)

5. Create/ Write Object Dependencies (super BOM / super routing) if applicable

6. CIF Org Area/ Class / Characteristics - Please ensurer nothing is getting locked in Queue (May times this class/char will get stuck in queue)

7. If their are no blocks in queue; CIF material.

Regards,

Amlan

gunnar_humpert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

you are absolutely right:CIF'ing classes and characteristics is a nightmare. I'm not an expert at all, but I can tell you, how we are doing it.

In order to CIF classes & characteristics to APO, you have to create an organizational area in the first place (TC O1CL or SPRO -> Cross-Application Components -> Classification System -> Classes -> Maintain Object Types and Class Types). We have created an organizational area for the tables CABN, CADT and CAWN (Class type = 300 (which is 400 in APO...as already mentioned: I'm not an expert, so I can't tell you why it has a different class type in APO), Org. area = A, Organizational area = APO relevant).

After the creation of the organizational area, you should be able to assign the organizational area to your classes and characteristics (TC CL02: Tab 'Basic data' -> field 'Organizational area' = A, tab Char. -> enter A in the column Org.Areas).

Create an integration model for classes & characteristics (TC CFM1: Org.area ind. = A, Class type = 300) and activate the integration model.

Check the class and characteristic in APO (TC CL03: class type = 400).

Unfortunately we've made some mistakes in the past. Never create a class manually in APO. The manually created class cannot be updated via CIF.

Further details regarding 'Integration of Classes and Characteristics' http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/b3/12813b680c250fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Good luck 🐵

Best regards,

Gunnar