Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

context change

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can i use immediate parent source field to map child target field.i am in a bit confusion and could anyone please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You can map any field from source to target. If there is any llogic then make sure that context is handled properly.

Check the below links:

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/04/23/introduction-to-context-handling-in-message-mapping

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

Thanks,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

It is always possible to map the immediate parent field of the source structure to the child field of the target structure. There is no problem with that. All depends on the sort of output that you require.

Suppose your source and target structures are as follows:

*Source*:                                                    *Target*:                             
     Src                                                                  Tgt
         >> Record                                                           >>Rec
                 >>Field1                                                             >>Field2

Then it is always possible to map the Record of the source structure to the Field2 of the target structure. But then you also need to keep in mind the occurrence of the Rec field of the target side because the occurrence of the Field2 field depends on the occurrence of the Rec field also.

Hope it helps you buddy!!!!

Thanks

Biswajit

Edited by: 007biswa on Feb 25, 2011 10:58 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

It would have been better if you could give exact source and target structure.

However just going with your question, I think you can handle this requirement using removeContexts and SplitByValue.

If source occurrence is 1-1 and target child occurrence is 0-n or 1-n you can use useOneAsMany function.

Following help link will give more information about these functions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/c8/b78d406b305537e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm