Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update em address in su01

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to perform a mass update of the internet address (the forum will not let me use the correct field name) in SU01 other than a tool like HP QuickTest? Does anyone know the table name that stores this information for SU01? I searched and only found the ADR* tables that contain this information. However, even though my internet address is in the ADR6 table (for example), it does not display in the E-Ml field in SU01, Address tab.

Thank you and regards,

Janice

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janice

You've got a fair number of unresolved threads at the moment - hope this isn't another?

Are you just trying to do a mass change to users' Internet mail (SMTP) address in SU01? If so would the usual LSMW or similar do the job rather than hacking the tables?

Cheers

David

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if we are talking only about email address then report RSADRCK7 might be useful for you. It generates email address for each user based on his username. If you want to have more complicated logic for email address determination then you can enhance this report.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello,

Will either the RSADRCK7 report or the LSMW transaction allow a mass update of the E-Mail field in SU01? We would like to add the E-Mail address to over 9.000 Users in SU01, plus find a way to automate the process to keep them in sync with the Active Directory internet addresses.

Regards,

Janice

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, both methods will work. RSADRCK7 creates email address concatenating username plus domain from selection screen. As I said if you want something more sophisticated you can enhance it. Syncing with AD is a different thing. It sounds like a good use case for IdM but you should be able to develop a custom program to do this.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you updated the table directly and are now wondering why it does not work?

There are API's for this... very easy and stable.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

We will explore the RSADRCK7 report. Thank you!