cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset prepare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to reset the ehp4 installation in the phase preprocessing. I´ve deleted the service of shadow system.

But when I tried to execute > SAPehpi.exe reset prepare I get the next message error:

FATAL ERROR: Main execution already started, no reset possible

What can i do?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the guide "Installation Guide SAP Enhancement Package Installation Using SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi)" it says:

During the Preprocessing Roadmap Step

To reset the installation, choose EHP Installation Reset Installation from the GUI menu bar.

When you reset the installation, error messages are displayed stating that SDT requests could not be executed. You can ignore these messages.

To start the installation program again, delete the EHPI directory, unpack the installation package again and start from the beginning as described in Starting the Installation Program

In document "How to Install SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0" it states:

Until you reach the Roadmap Step Preprocessing, no changes are made to your SAP ERP 6.0 system. While in one of the Preparation Roadmap Steps, you can still reset the installation at any time.

The Preparation Step consists of Initialization, Extraction, Configuration, Checks and Preprocessing phases.

So I guess you can simply try resetting from EHP Gui and then remove the EHPI directory and restart again. That's what I understand from the doc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be on the safe side I will rename the directory EHPI rather then deleting it and then run ehp installer again.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before the phase preprocessing I´v reset by sapehpi reset prepare and deleted the directory and all correct.

But in the middle of the phase preprocessing I´ve stopped the process, and when I go to reset the process i got that message.

Answers (0)