cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation in Portal with WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have a Question and I hope I'm in the right Forum.

We want to develop a Web Dynpro Application with different view. This WDA should be integrated in SAP EP.

The Navigation between the Views should be realized by the Portal. So we create Roles with different iViews, so that the navigation is displayed on the left side. But the question is: how do we recognize in our WDA, that another link is clicked? The Important thing is, that the Context and already readed data should not be lost.

We think that we can use PORTAL_EVENTS. But which event is trigged by the framework if a link is clicked?

Can you help us?

Thanks in Advance,

Bastian Stritt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Folks,

>

> I have a Question and I hope I'm in the right Forum.

>

> We want to develop a Web Dynpro Application with different view. This WDA should be integrated in SAP EP.

>

> The Navigation between the Views should be realized by the Portal. So we create Roles with different iViews, so that the navigation is displayed on the left side. But the question is: how do we recognize in our WDA, that another link is clicked? The Important thing is, that the Context and already readed data should not be lost.

>

> We think that we can use PORTAL_EVENTS. But which event is trigged by the framework if a link is clicked?

>

> Can you help us?

>

> Thanks in Advance,

> Bastian Stritt

Hi,

Why are you interested to know if other link is clicked ? is that because you want to protect the application from data loss ? then you might investigate the work_protect mode. When work protect mode is on, you get warning and popup before you navigating outside your application.

In general WDA provides simple api if_wd_portal_integration to integrate with portal on runtime.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

At the beginning of our Application we load some Customizing via RFC from another System. This data we won't lost during the lifetime of our application.

But we want to use the navigation of the portal. So the question is: is it possible to navigate through poral (with links made by roles) and stay in the same application all the time?

We thought it would be possible with subscribing to standard portal events.

Cheers,

Bastian Stritt

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Portal events are generally used to communicate between mutliple iViews on the same portal page. I don't believe you can trap the event of the navigation. You will instead be changing which iView is displayed in the page and this will destroy the session of the application.

Why use the portal navigation in this case? My not just create some application specific navigation within your application and then stay with just one iView in the Portal? This way you will control the lifetime of the application upon navigation.