cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM real world scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured a BPM based on Krishnamoorthy's weblog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1822. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] Now can anone provide me a real world scenario that requires BPM without which the scenario can not be done.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

"real world scenario that requires BPM without which the scenario can not be done."

Any scenario where there is stateful message processing will require a BPM. A real world example has been given in the sap help documentation:-

<i>The integration process splits the booking order into single booking orders (for the individual legs of the trip). The single booking orders are sent to the respective airlines in parallel and the airlines respond with a (positive or negative) booking confirmation. If there is a positive booking confirmation for all legs of the trip, the integration process bundles the single confirmations into an overall booking confirmation and sends this to the travel agency. If one or more flights cannot be booked, the integration process sends a negative overall booking confirmation to the travel agency. In this case, flights that have already been booked are canceled with the respective airline. The individual flight bookings and the corresponding booking confirmation are linked by a correlation. The correlation is defined by the travel agency number and the booking order number.</i>

Regards,

Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

One of the most importtant features of a BPM is STATEFUL MESSAGE PROCESSING. What this essentially implies is that when you want relation between messages to be maintained in XI, in other words you want to make a message stateful in XI ,you go for a BPM.

Example : You want to collect N number of messages ( say files) to be collected in XI before you send the output from XI or, you want to make an Aycnch -- SYnch -- Asynch interface like a FILE-- RFC _-- FILE, you can go for a BPM.

Exception handling, reconcilation and stateful message processing incorporate the use of a BPM in real time scenarios.

Quick Note : BPM has perfromance bottlenecks and a integration design in XI has to lok for means to avoid XI as much as possible if performance is going to be critical.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I dint get the concept <i>"Aycnch -- SYnch -- Asynch interface like a FILE-- RFC _-- FILE"</i>.

I understand there are going to be multiple senders and XI has to wait for till all msgs rech XI server before the processing begins. But what is the RFC part. Because you have mentioned the receiver as file(may be multiple receivers).

Do you mean to say msg comes in from both file and R/3 via RFC? Can you pls explain this?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

In a FIle -- RFC -- FIle, you need to have an Aynch Interface used along with a Synch.

WHen you get the request from a file and invoke an RFC to push the RESPONSE to the file, we need a BPM .

This can be done without a BPM too, but this was just an example.

Similarly, whenever we need to bring a Synch - Aynch bridge , we use a BPM.

We also use a BPM for deadline montoring, etc.

Example and Uasge cases,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/766840bf0cbf49e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

WHen you get the request from a file and invoke an RFC to push the RESPONSE to the file, we need a BPM.

I am still not clear with this. Sender is a file and receiver is another file. Why do we need to invoke an RFC to push the response to a file?

Is it like get some data from R/3 using RFC and based on that my response is going to be.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

<i> am still not clear with this. Sender is a file and receiver is another file. Why do we need to invoke an RFC to push the response to a file? </i>

There might be a few cases when you will get data from afile and then need to make an RFC call to an R3 system and map the response of the RFC back to the file. Such cases , you need a BPM.

FILE - RFC - FILE can be acomplished without a BPM also, but, this is just a point to show how BPM can be used.

This concept of FILE - RFC - FILe is one of the concepts of BPM , SYNCH - ASNCH bridge wherein , you are making inetractions between an Asynch and a Synch Interface.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I implement a scenario in which a I receive one message (async) from a ERP system. The next process step split the message into n messages within a BPM container. For each message within this container a call a sync interface and must descide based on the respone what should be done with the message.

This scenario can not be done without BPM.

One important part is the Alerting which is also a basic component of BPM.

Regards,

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

see some weblogs on BPM...

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/11/xi-how-to-retrieve-messageid-from-a-bpm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/04/xi-do-you-realy-enjoy-clicking-and-waiting-while-tracing-bpm-steps

/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

sekhar

/people/kannan.kailas/blog/2005/12/07/posting-multiple-idocs-with-acknowledgement