cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Trusted RFC fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to connect my ERP and BW systems to Solution Manager but I can't make Trusted RFC connections.

When I checked SM59 on three systems I see `You are not authorized to logon to the target system (error code 1)

I did successfully installed Solution Manager, did initial and basic settings. I created SOLMAN_ADMIN user every system assigned it SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW and created a role with S_RFCACL authorization object, (I assigned full authorization on all objects on that role). I did add IP numbers and hostnames to hosts file but still same. When I test connection I get success but authorization check always fails.

I both tried from SOLMAN_SETUP > Managed Systems and also after clearing all RFCs and trusted system entries from SMT1 and SMT2, I added RFCs from SMSY but I get same results.

Side note, all servers are in the same subnet but Solution Manager server belongs to different domain.

My main reason to implement trusted rfc is I need to implement ServiceDesk and I have to test it before going live, so all data on Solution Manager is expendable.

My systems are

ERP: Windows 2003 R2 x64, SQL 2005 SP3, ERP EHP4 SP5

BW: Windows 2003 R2 x64, SQL 2008 SP1, NW 7.0 EHP2 SP6

Solman: Windows 2003 R2, SQL 2008 SP1, EHP1 SP7

What am I doing wrong there?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you letting the wizard create the RFC's for you?

On the Client tab in SMSY?

Also you assigned S_RFCACL what about S_RFC?

I would ask you to check the logon tab and make sure Current user is not checked.

Also, please review this Note 128447 - Trusted/trusting systems

This should help resolve.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

After adding S_RFC auth object with full authorization into SOLMAN_ADMIN users, removing current user check and adding SOLMAN_ADMIN user there solved my problem. I checked authorization test on both ERP and Solman systems and its ok but there is one more thing, when I click on remote logon button in ERP, it logs on to Solman but when I try same on Solman, I get nothing. Is that normal?

Answers (0)