Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove unwanted sapccm4x agents?

martin_simois
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We just recently moved two SAP instances from one server to another, and I'd like to remove the registered agents for the old servers

On RZ21 --> Technical Topology, for SAP system S01 as example, there are two entries:

OFFLINE for the older system (WS10) and unwanted agent

ONLINE which is the new registered agent on new server (WS03) properly working

[Click to see screenshot|http://i56.tinypic.com/2powc2p.jpg]

Using the sapccm4x -u parameter on the new server WS03 only un-register the agent on that server, not the older one

I need to remove the agent from the old server (WS10) and since the S01 SAP instance was removed before unregistering the agent Im not able to remove the entry from there.

RFC connections were updated but that is not solving this.

Is there any workaround at DB level or some trick to remove those unwanted entries?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see from the screen shot (although its not that clear) that these agents are connected with different profiles; one with xxxRWS03 and another with xxxRWS10. Try to remove the offline one with the respective profile using sapccm4x -U.

Or even you can delete that particular entry from RZ21itself which will in trun de register the agent.

Rajeev

martin_simois
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

I have tried with parameter -u, but only can be executed from the former server (WS10) and not from the new (WS03).

Unregisterig the agent using the old profile WS10 is not resulting as expected, since it removes the agent associated to the new server.

Also, there is no Trash Icon/Delete Feature on RZ21, allowing to remove the unwanted entry

Thanks!

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to take RZ21 to change mode to see the delete icon. You can see a pencil icon on the top left corner which will allow you to take RZ21 to change mode.

Rajeev

martin_simois
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev.

Yep, i just removed the local segment from the monitored system, and also the Agent from the Solution Manager.

I thought i was on Edit mode, so I couldnt find the trash icon

Thanks!

Edited by: Martin Simois on Feb 24, 2011 6:56 PM