cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you hold a shipment to keep it from being planned?

Former Member
0 Kudos

New to this so not sure if this is the right area to ask my question but can anyone tell me how block a shipment in SAP? We need to be able to keep our traffic dept from scheduling/planning a load for pick up if the sales order or customer for the delivery is on a credit hold or block. The credit hold is after the fact which is why deliveries were created but we need to be able to keep the schedulers from planning a load and calling in a carrier for it until credit is cleared by accounting.

Edited by: Donna Majewski on Feb 24, 2011 4:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donna,

Try using a credit block at order or delivery level

regards

Mohit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for responding so quickly however, I realize credit is done at the order or delivery level but the problem here is that the delivery and shipment have already been created.

We need a way to block the shipment so no one can execute planning. credit only stops the delivery not the shipment. in our company traffic looks at all shipments created for specific dates and if status is '0' they call a carrier for pick up and plan (status '1') the load.

Our credit manager needs a way to see what shipments are out there for a specific customer when he doesn't want to let any more material be shipped to them until credit issues have been resolved. Doesn't want the delivery and shipment canceled completely just a block to prevent planning. I know how to find the shipments for any given customer but not how to block or hold them.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know how to find the shipments for any given customer but not how to block or hold them.

Why can't you use the field ShipmentBlockingReason in the delivery ->Header->Shipment tab. You may also check to use an user-exit to see if the delivery is in credit block, populate this field with a blocking reason. There is one consulting OSS Note 76206 - Transport planning for credit limit on this topic, which you can take as guideline.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your answer. i will check this out.