cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO XI 4.0: Logon to CMC is not possible after installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have recently installed BO XI 4.0 and the installation went fine. However after the installation process was finished, it is not possible to logon to the CMC due to the following error:

"Error: Server XXXXX:6430 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null"

In the CCM are the following services registered:

Apache Tomcat 6.0.24 RUNNING

BW Publisher Service_BOE140BWPublisher NOT RUNNING

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Authentication Server NOT RUNNING

SAP BusinessObjects Mobile Processing Service NOT RUNNING

World Wide Web Publishing Service RUNNING

The non-running services can not be started, they only run for a second and then stops. I have tried to restart the server and to change user acount for the services, however it does not affect the problem.

In the MS SQL Server Configuration Manager, all services are running except:

SQL Server Agent (BOE140)

And this service will not start either, the error message generated is:

"The request failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Consult the event log or other applicable error logs for details."

But there are no error message in the event log and I have not found any other errors either. I have also tried to change the user account for this service, however it will not let me to do that.

What could be the problem in this case? Please help us out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SBO Bi4.0 is in ramp up right now, since you have the product - you must be part of it - if you follow ramp up process - you'll get faster solution.

Based on your description, I see that Service Intelligence agent was not created. This means that during install product was not able to connect to DB and create CMS DB tables....

You need to make sure that the user who runs the install is member of Local Administrators group, not Domain Admins, but local group.

Are you using SQL server that comes with the product ?

How powerfull is the machine on which you install ?

What's the OS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast response!

As far as I can determine the administrator user, which we were using for the installation, is member of the local administrators group. The server is not in a domain and I did not get any error messages during the installation.

Yes, we are using the SQL Server that comes with the product.

The machine is a windows 2003 server, with Two dual-core processors and 8 Gbyte of memory, so it should be powerful enough. All pre-requisites were passed without any issues.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is strange....

Check if the SQL server got installed and if you can manage it with Ms SQL Studio (you'll need to either download and install it yourself or use one from your existing SQl installs.)

Check install logs and event viewer for what went wrong.

If SQl server is installed, running and can be managed - you can try to create new SIA and see if that goes thru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The MS SQL Server is the express version, which comes with the installation cd:s.

In MS SQL Server Configuration Manager is the SQL Server (BOE140) service running and I can stop it if necessary, so I think it is installed ok.

I will download the MS SQL Studio and see if I can manage the database from that tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SQL Server is up and running, except from the SQL Server Agent which is not starting.

How do I create a new SIA?

Do you have any other idea's to this problem?

I could re-run the installation, but I do not think that would change anything.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read Admin guide on details on SIA management.

basicaly you run CCM>Add Node, then follow the prompts.

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i've installed BI XI4 several times and there are no problems. But now i also installed the Client tools on the same host and after installation of these i get an http 404 status error for BOE/BI and BOE/CMC. I also redeployed BOE.war but now effect.

any ideas??

best regards

Edited by: Cornelius Knall on Mar 1, 2011 1:53 PM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your Tomcat running ?

how did you re-deploy web apps ?

which tools did you installed ?

what OS you're using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to run create add node, but get until I am asked for the administrator password and then I get the error message "Access denied. You can not log on to an older version of CMS".

I do not know if the password has been locked or why I get this error?

CKnall
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

tomcat is running

i redeployed it via tomcat manager

Apache Tomcat/6.0.24

windows server 2008 64bit

bundled MS-SQL installation

Software:

BI Platform 4.0

Clienttools 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stay on topic please. Create an own case if you have a problem.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Niklas - sounds like you're connecting to a wrong CMS DB.

Double check to where your SIA is pointed.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cornelius - use wdeploy to re-deploy web apps.

And yes - please open your own thread if wdeploy still not solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that I can not see the SIA process, so I might try to re-install the whole BO XI 4.0 and see if I get in a different state after that.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you creating new SIA - it asks you for the DB connectivity, as the error indicates - you pointed it to a DB that has previous version of the CMS DB in it....

You need to point new SIA to a new empty DB schema, so it can create new CMD DB for you.

Based on this, I think that during install you also had incorrect CMS DB info - that's why SIA didn't get installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had an issue where the CMS was not running, and I was getting exaclty the same error. I ran a repair from add remove programs & it has solved my issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

You were right, the problem was that there was an old BO XI 3.1 installation on the server. So the new BO XI 4.0 installation used the old CMS database.

After uninstallation of both BO XI installations and re-installation of BO XI 4.0, it now works fine.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niklas,

Thanks for your response. We are going to install BO 4.0 and we have an existing BO XI R 3.1 installation in our system. We need to know if there is a problem if we keep both BO XI 3.1 and BO 4.0 side by side for some time and if BO 4.0 works well, we can remove the BO 3.1? After all, the product installation guide says

"You can install SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise independently, or side-by-side with an existing deployment. The two deployments can work at the same time, even if they are on different machines.

When you no longer need your old deployment, you can uninstall it.

A side-by-side deployment allows you to install the most recent version of SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise on a machine with an existing, older deployment. This is the safest way to upgrade a large deployment."

It means a side-by-side installation should work fine as well.

Also wanted to know was your server a 64 bit machine or a 32 bit? Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,

Sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or may be that you had specified a different CMS DB during installation, which caused the error?

Regards,

Sas

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saswata,

While it is possible to install SAP BI4.0 on the same machine as XI3.1, you have to consider following :

1. SAP BI4.0 server installation requires 64bit OS.

2. SAP BI4.0 is a resource intencive, you need minimum 6gb of memory and 4CPU's to run it.

3. You need to make sure there are no port conflicts with your existing Xi3.1 installation.

Also, please make sure you read this page :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/AllyouneedtoknowbeforeupgradingtoBI4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Denis. Really appreciate your kind efforts.

Regards,

Sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone/Denis,

We are going to upgrade to BO 4.0. We wanted to know if its possible to install it in a VMware virtual platform?

Regards,

Sas

Edited by: Saswata Debray on May 4, 2011 10:36 AM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, VMWare is fine.

Provided you give your VM image enough CPU and memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Denis. You been very helpful.

Regards,

Sas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. In my case the DB schemas are new and BO XI 3.x was uninstalled first, actually the OS , Windows was reinstalled to move from 32 bits to Windows 2003 x64 Edition.

I have been trying many options and I ran the installation many times. The problem is when I select oracle as CMS DB the SIA is not listed after installation, If I use SQL SIA is listed.

I am waiting for SAP reply. Any clue is very much appreciate it.

Thank you

Carla Garibay

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carla - make sure you have installed 64bit Oracle driver supported by BI4.0 and configured tnsnames.ora properly.

Installation logs will tell you exactly what the problem was.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I have 64 bits Oracle client 10.2.0.1. I believe it is supported.

I have been checking logs. There are some language packs errors, installation dir not defined, Couldn't find property: platform.services.cms.cpp.cms.props-4.0-core$CMSPassword, etc

I am not sure what causes the failure. SAP suggested me to reinstall Windows and try BO 4.0 installation agan.

Thanks for your answer

Carla

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see any tables created in the Oracle schema you provided to the BI 4.0 installer ?

Which logs are you looking at ? (from which directory ?)

Which build of the BI4.0 are you using ? (Some early builds didn't support Oracle 10.x, only Oracle 11, RTM build should support 10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I was looking at setupengine.log from InstallData\logs. Tables were created in Oracle schema. The productID.txt shows:

BuildVersion=14.0.0.760.BOEServer_Aurora_REL . From SAP PAM I did not see any recomendation to use Oracle client 10.x or 11 , the following are listed as supported clients:

ORACLE 10.1 64-BIT Released 26.11.2010

ORACLE 10.2 64-BIT Released 26.11.2010

ORACLE 11.1 Released 26.11.2010

ORACLE 11.2 64-BIT Released 26.11.2010

The good news is I was able to run the installation. The steps done were:

Applied oracle patch 4923787 to oracle client 10.2.0.1 64 bits

Ran the installation again in default location C:\Program Files (x86)\

After BOE 4.0 installation SIA was listed and I was able to connect

Ran SP01 FP4 , No issues to connect to CMC or CCM after installation

I am just getting BI workspaces error after serveru2019s reboot. Anyway I am still able to connect to CMC and CCM.

Thanks for your help I received more useful information from you than from SAP 😄

CG

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm SAP too

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

We have installed BOBJ 4.0 with SQL server 2008 DB and SIA has not created in CCM.

Then we went for default DB installation  SIA has got created and now we planned to change the data souce to SQL Server

We stopped SIA server -properties- configuration tab- change data source(1st option)

once we provided DB name and the password it is prompting for the cluster key,the key which we provided during the installation ,is not accepting and throws an error and we are held up in between.

There is no SIA server in services .msc

Kindly provide your valuable inputs

Thanks

Suresh.S

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

never, ever, ever, ever change data source for the existing SIA, always create new SIA pointing to the new Data Source.

0 Kudos

Thanks Denis for ur valuable inputs,

I will try to create new SIA with start new temporary CMS option , and selecting add node with the default servers. Once this is created, can the old SIA be deleted?  Could you please let me know

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it can be deleted after  new node is working.
There are KB articles on how to delete orphan SIA's for XI3.1, but should apply to BI4 as well..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis - I wonder why you say we should never re-point an existing SIA to a different data source? Is it because the other new data source won't have all the info needed from the CMS DB and so wouldn't be able to come up and be active? I assume, if we need to change from say Oracle to SQL Server for the CMS DB, it would be ideal to create a new DB and then copy all the data from existing CMS DB to a new one, right?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because pointing SIA to a DB doesn't properly registers it with that DB, only creating new SIA registers SIA with CMS DB in a proper way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I installed  thrice with default installation (without Password to Administrator login) of BO 3.1 sp3 in Windows xp in my laptop of 32 bit, BO got installed but SIA has not created in CCM only tomcat is running,when checked in services SIA is not there. came to know CMS server not got installed.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

Arun

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

This thread is marked as answered, please open your own thread if you have problems.

As to your issue - please use Supported Platforms Guide and you'll see why your installation is not succesfull.

Regards,

Denis

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

This thread is marked as answered, please open your own thread if you have problems.

As to your issue - please use Supported Platforms Guide and you'll see why your installation is not succesfull.

Regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Just a quick clarification, in my scenario we are upgrading for, XI3.1 to 4.1 SP2

During the installation I am pointing to the same CMS database as used by XI3.1 but with different port numbers, at the end of the installation I am not able to logon to the CMC of 4.1 and I dont see any SIAnode in the CCM. Do we have to use a separate database for the new CMS is that waht might/is causing the problem,thanks in advance for the reply!!!!

Kind Regards,

Nitin Jain

Answers (0)