cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted access to nodes in SOLAR01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have setup restricted access to the nodes in SOLAR01 (details shared below in the for "information area") - now I need to enter the team members who are allowed to update documentation in each business process & step.

It seems that access to a higher level node is not inherited by the lower level nodes so I have to update each business process & step individually.

This is going to be a mammoth task that will need to be repeated every time a new team member joins - is there a mass update function avaialble or perhaps a way to cause the lower level nodes to inherit the team member access of its parent?

regards

Marina

For information

To set up restricted access I did the following for standard project users;

1. In transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, edit your project and go to tab "Proj. Team Member'

Check the box "Restrict changes to nodes in project to assigned team members

(make sure you have assigned your team members in the grid)

2. Make a copy of SAP_SOLAR01_ALL role into the customer namespace and make the following changes

S_PROJECT

ACTVT = 03,23,71,76

also set your project ID

S_PROJ_GEN

project ID = your project

proj_func = SCEN

S_DATASET

actvt = 33,34

add in S_IWB

ACTVT = 01,02,03,33,6,80,D1,V1

IWB_AREA = IWBSOLAR

IWB_EXTNSN = /KWCUST/

IWB_FLDGRP = your project

AI_SA_TAB

remove PRODATA from TABNAME (for administrators who should be able to edit everything create an auth with this made available).

Any other entries I have not specifically mentioned I have given them a * value.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want the team member to be inherited along the lower nodes you have to use button "Make Mass Changes"; access the higher node, go to "Administration" tab, then "Team member" tab, then use the fourth button "Make mass changes" to add a team member, after that, it will be inherited along the lower nodes.

I hope that hleps!

Best regards,

Federico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Federico,

I am sitting here a little red-faced for not realising what that button did!

Many thanks - you have just spared me many hours of thankless work

regards

Marina

Answers (0)