Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While printing text orientation 90 degree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In smart forms I want to rotate the text 90 degree static text

I sereched so many threads from that i find out below procudure,

1. Create a template and keep the text alone inside that you wanted to rotate.

2. Above and Below your text, In the text element that you wanted to rotate give the Print control.

Ex PRINT CONTROL 'SF201'

&variable text&

PRINT CONTROL'SF202'

2. Create a command inside the window and enter the attribute name and the attribute value.

Ex. Use Attribute name as S_LZPL_HR1

Attribute value as 'BC_CD39'

3 Create another command above the template and enter the value "SF200" in Include Printer control.

4.Create another command above the template and enter the value "SF202" in Include Printer control.

In that 'SF201' & 'SF202' common for all smart form ?

and what is S_LZPL_HR1 & BC_CD39.

I given the same code bt the error is BC_CD39 is unknown.

Any one can give me the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Vino.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the variable names you mentioned was "BC_CD39". Let me explain why this is important. In SMARTFORMS you can rotate bar codes in 90-degree increments (i.e., 90, 180, 270) but this is done through t-code SE73 where you setup the barcode. The "BC_CD39"and the other information you're describingsounds like it is for bar code rotation and not text.

I have been working with SMARTFORMS on and off for a few years now and I have wanted to be able to rotate text. This has never been possible for us in the SMARTFORMS transaction without some help from PCL. It is now possible with Adobe forms development (t-code SFP) but the Adobe Document Services needs to be properly configured and setup by your Basis team before you can use it.

Before switching to the Adobe forms development we were able to rotate text in the printed output only through the use of PCL (HP's printer control language). Rotation was accomplished by writing PCL escape sequences within the text nodes in SMARTFORMS windows. The text nodes contained a mixture of PCL and SMARTFORMS variable names. For simple text rotation at 90 degress the following PCL command was used:

Ec &a#P

The following link describes other PCL commands: [http://pcl.to/reference/#pcl_page_orientation].

The following is an example of a portion of PCL code that we used inside our text node in SMARTFORMS to rotate the page orientation 90 degress, write two variable names in a particular font, and then re-position the page orientation:

~&a90p
~*p480x212Y~(s1p12.0v9s0b16602T&VBAK-VBELN&~(
~*p480x2292Y~(s1p12.0v9s0b16602T&VBAK-VKORG&~(
~&ap

There were only a couple of printers that would actually rotate the text when this type of command was sent to it, all the other printers would just print out exactly what you see in the example above (i.e., it would just print '~&a90p...' instead of rotating the text). The main difference between the printers was that those that rotated the text had a special barcode DIMM installed. I can only guess that the barcode DIMM is what allowed the "~" character to be interpreted as the necessary ESC character before each PCL command. I don't know if the SAP spooler will properly recognize the ESC character if you try to insert it directly into SMARTFORMS.

Hopefully this gives you some additional ideas on how you might be able to go about rotating text in SMARTFORMs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi John,

Thanks for ur Valuable Rly.. That is very helpful notes.