Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus Scan blocking operations

alain_maus
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

message: "Performing virus scan on uploaded file. Some item actions are currently disabled" remains in a loop: any suggestion to get rid of it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see this is an old issue that seemed to be resolved last year, but I am receiving the virus scan error when I upload new versions of 5 out of 10 files.  I've seen the error with Excel workbooks and Powerpoint presentations.  Is the bug back?

Thanks,

Angi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have also run across this error lately. The error reads: An error was encountered while scanning this file for viruses. Some actions are disabled. To clear this message, try re-uploading the file"

I rescanned the file and it worked this time, however I tried that in the past and it failed several times. To compound the issue, for each additional failed scan a new version was created, but the version was not accessible due to the error. To fix this I had to restore to the original version.

This is occurring while trying to upload a 2007 Excel .XLSX file.

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I only know a work-around: try re-uploading the file. Sometimes (not always ) this helps.

Regards, Rüdiger

alain_maus
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

With same file it doesn't work; when chnaged into pdf it worked, but obviously not a viable solution.

0 Kudos

Alain, the team is working on improving the situation. Apologies.

Simon

claus_riegen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have the same issue with the virus scan, which makes StreamWork almost unusable in a project with a few partner companies. Any idea when this is going to be solved?

Thanks,

Claus

0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

apparently the team has identified and fixed the bug; the fix will be released in May.

Cheers

Simon

claus_riegen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Simon,

thanks for the update - great news.

Best regards,

Claus

michael_mueller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I can see these postings were from April .... I just found the problem with some of my files .. it is May 19. Any idea what's wrong with these files? Do I need to do anything?

Thx

Edited by: Michael Mueller on May 19, 2011 5:35 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

when did you upload those files? It might be that you need to reupload them in case they've been uploaded before the problem was fixed. Otherwise please let me know so we can have a look again and get this fixed ASAP.

Cheers

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also continue to see the spinning wheel and the message "Performing virus scan on uploaded file. Some item actions are currently disabled." It is July 10th, 2011. This occurs often after uploading .doc and .docx files.

Thanks,

Ben Marsh

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Do you run into the problem for a newly upload document or is this only for documents which were initially update some time ago?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

This problem occurred with 2 separate documents, one a .doc file, and another a .docx file that were uploaded to SAP Streamwork on July 10th, 2011. I read some other forum posts that stated that this virus scanning issue was resolved in May of 2011. Our team had stopped using Streamworks a few months back due to this issue, so I was excited to read that it was (likely) fixed. However, the error still exists as these were brand new documents created early July and uploaded for the 1st time in SAP Streamwork on July 10th.

I assume this is an issue on the server side, but for reference I tried this with Firefox 5.0 on OSX, Safari 5.0.5 on OSX, and IE 9.0 on Windows 7.

Thanks,

Ben Marsh

RuedigerMueller
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The problem is fixed since yesterday evening. However, you need to re-upload the files for which the virus scan stopped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

Our team verified today that the newly uploaded documents no longer get stuck in the virus scan state.

Thanks for resolving this StreamWork issue,

Ben Marsh