cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While closing popup window screen freezes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a main window that contains a button to show a popup window (POPUP_1). This POPUP_1 has some editable data by the user, if the user modifies this data and then wants to press the CANCEL button, I show another popup (POPUP_2) with a confirmation message ("do you want to exit without saving?"), and 2 buttons "YES" and "NO", if the user clicks "NO", I close POPUP_2 and POPUP_1 remains visible, however if the user clicks "YES" I also have to close POPUP_1 to get back to the main page.

Currently when I call POPUP_2 I use suscribe_to_button_event to an action "CANCEL_YES" in POPUP_1 and it's assigned as the action to the button "YES", in this event "CANCEL_YES" I use the code for closing the Window, in this case POPUP_1.

So, my problem is that after clicking "YES" in POPUP_2 both popups close, but the screen remains frozen (grayed out) like if there's still a popup open... and I can't do anything in the main window having to restart the application.

Has anyone had some problem like this, or do you know another way of closing both popups succesfully?

Thanks,

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I had the same problem and read somewhere that it is limitation of the light speed rendering. I disabled it using parameter WDLIGHTSPEED on the application. It was ok solution for me. But you might experience other problems afterwords.

Regards

Kameliya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disabling lightspeed rendering brings you more disadvantage than the problem you may have now. i would not do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Currently when I call POPUP_2 I use suscribe_to_button_event to an action "CANCEL_YES" in POPUP_1 and it's assigned as the action to the button "YES", in this event "CANCEL_YES" I use the code for closing the Window, in this case POPUP_1.

>

> So, my problem is that after clicking "YES" in POPUP_2 both popups close, but the screen remains frozen (grayed out) like if there's still a popup open... and I can't do anything in the main window having to restart the application.

>

> Has anyone had some problem like this, or do you know another way of closing both popups succesfully?

>

> Thanks,

> Luis.

Hallo Luis,

are you closing both windows in the "CANCEL_YES" event handler or you close only POPUP_1 ?

I would have done the following.

1. Created 2 Component controller ,public attributes go_popup1,go-popup2 of type if_wd_window.

2.Create a method close_popups and implement code to close first go_popup2 and then go_popup1.

3.On cancel_yes handler method call the close_popups method.