Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM F&P: Drop down list issue- with same text and different key

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encountered an issue with the drop down lists in Adobe forms (for HCM F&P, but it would be the same for all Adobe Interactive forms).

e.g. drop down values are like:

Key text

100 Analyst Position

101 Analyst Position

102 Analyst Position

103 Analyst Position

So the form will show the drop down with 4 entries with same text. But no matter which one I choose from list, it only selects the first one it finds with that text. (So the raWvalue will always be 100). And this is BIG problem.

The code that I can see on 'exit' event of this field is like:

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - Enumerated_Drop-down_list_No_S.xfo
// If the display value is used in the data DOM, 
// re-assign the corresponding data value
if (this.rawValue != "" ) {
	if (this.boundItem(this.rawValue) != "") {
		this.rawValue = this.boundItem(this.rawValue);
	}
}
// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Is there a way to tackle this with the code in 'exit' event OR I have to go to SAp/Adobe to get a fix.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You had replied to my e_mail some time back on same topic. I had forgot to close it here on SDN.

I had gone with option 4. It was just 2 weeks before go-live and I did not wanted to wait for months to SAP / Adobe to fix it properly.

Thanks,

Amit

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a known issue (and has been for a while now) with SAP's own Javascript in the ISR library script code. We have talked about this in this forum in other posts before (try search). There are some workarounds to this. You can either...

1. correct the SAP inserted script (not recommended as it will be overwritten).

2. insert your own script with the same function name into your form which will "over write" the SAP script if put in the correct location (not recommended as you will have to do this for every form)

3. change descriptions to have unique titles (this is most likely NOT possible, but I include it as an "option")

4. create your own generic service to populate the drop-down list and have it make unique text to display...such as using the description + the value like "Analyst (001)" (I find that client's actually tent to prefer this as even if the drop-down worked as you wanted, the user still won't be able to tell which one is which just from the title)....9 times out of 10, I usually do this....and it actually helps performance in some cases as you are not using the more time/code consuming way for SAP to "build" the drop-downs.

Just some thoughts. Again...search some of the older discussions on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Is there any restriction in giving different text?

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh,

Its valid data. e.g. A organisation has 30 positions under it with same name as "Sales representative".

You do not want to change it, its a legal thing in some countries.

Regards,

Amit.

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What have you mapped against text and key in form?

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think this is a very basic problem with all the dropdowns in Adobe form.

Since you asked key is position id (HRP1000-OBJID) and text is (HRP1000-STEXT).

But I have similar issue with the drop down for Organisation units.

Thanks,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please map the value key to the binding and this should resolve the issue. And if you are using custom value help then using the generic service, on selection fire a event inorder to check if the right value is selected or not.

Or the other way which I can recommend , use the F4 help option using custom webdynpro pop helps which is part of EhP4 , this might overcome the restriction.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Saujanya