cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRT scheduling with setup acitivity determined via setup matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

Have you worked with PRT scheduling in the APO system? I need to model a scenario but I don't know how. Thanks for any help / suggestion.

As I read in the SAP documentation that to be able to schedule PRT in the SAP APO system I have to do the following steps:

1. Create a dummy resource that represents the availability of the PRT ant transfer it to APO

2. Assign the dummy resource to the PRT equipment to be planned

3. Assign the PRT to the main operation in the routine (the one that uses the PRT)

4. Create a suboperation of the main operation with the created dummy resource that represents the PRT.

We must plan with variable setup times in the main operation thats why I've used setup group/key in the operation and a setup matrix in the APO side to determine the duration of the setup activity.

The desired model is to have the PRT being planned from the begging of the setup acitivity (which will have variable duration) to the end of the production activity of the main operation.

I could not model this scenario in the APO system, when transferring the PDS to the APO I have the suboperation generated with start-start relation to the setup activity of the main operation but the duration is the same as the duration of the production activity of the main operation, which leads to problems in scheduling. When running the sheduling in PPDS I can see that the suboperation starts at the same time as the setup activity of the main operation but ends before the end of the production ativity of the main operation.

In other documentation I've read something about setup times that are not taken into account for suboperations in the APO system.

Anyone has an alternative to model this scenario?

Thanks and BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of defining suboperation with dummy resource in ecc routing you can check with below approch.

1. Define parallel operation(parallel sequence) with dummy resource in ecc routing.

2. Assign same set up group to parallel operation. Also mention production time same as that main operation.

3. Assign same set up matrix to dummy resouce.

You can test to see how it works.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santos,

Thanks for your inputs. Actually I've tried this option but this is not a good option for the scenario we have. The setup matrix that the main resource has to follow can be different from the one that the MAP would need to follow.

I haven't mentioned but the MAP can be used in other machine, so the setup duration would need to be adjusted to follow the new assigned machine.

Thanks

BR

André