cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to edit JCo settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to edit the Jco settings in any of the JCo destinations created in my portal system.

When i click on "Preview" or "Edit" option of the JCo destination, it throughs the following error msg.

Ping and Test are working fine.

SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData Create Preview Edit Test Ping Remove

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.checkStatus(WDSystemLandscape.java:469)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateJCODestinations(NameDefinition.java:286)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateNavigation(NameDefinition.java:251)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.wdDoInit(NameDefinition.java:158)

... 46 more

Please Help in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)

This problem comes when you create the JCO destination via SLD and then try to access it from web dynpro content administrator or using other tools. It is supported to create JCO destination through web dynpro content administrator.

Solution

Logon to SLD and search the engine (Technical Systems) on which you are working and then click on JCO Destinations tab.

Please make sure all the JCO destinations which you have created here in SLD should be removed and after that configure the JCO destination from Web Dynpro content admin.

The problem is, that if you register JCO connections directly using SLD WebUI, then certain internal actions won't be executed which is the task of the WD content admin. So I kindly ask you to use the WD content admin for creating JCO connections.

If you receive the reported error message, it means there are still entries in SLD created not by the WD content admin.

I attach you documentations which describes how to use the application:

How to use WD Content Administrator

-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/526bd490-0201-0010-038e-d3f...

WD Best Practices -- How to configure JCO

-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3103eb90-0201-0010-71af-be6...

An other solution is:

Invoke the SLD WebUI: http://<host>:<port>/sld > Administration > Content Maintenance > choose here 'JCO Message Server

Destination (X)'. This is an other place from where you must delete the erroneous entries. After this the problem should disappear, you shouldn't receive the reported error message any more.

Best Regards,

Ervin

P.S.: notice, I am moving this thread to the WebDynpro Forum

jill_diesman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Wanted to let folks know that your solution helped me as well.  We are running NetWeaver 7.4 SPS07 and just moved our Portal database from MS SQL Server 2008 to a new database server running MS SQL Server 2012.  After the move, none of our ESS applications worked and we were seeing JCo connection errors.  I manually added our JCo Destinations in the local SLD, which did not solve anything.  Afterward, here is an excerpt of the ESS errors we saw:

START LOG EXCERPT

500 Internal Server Error is returned for HTTP request [https://xxx.xxx.xxx:443/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/pb/PageBuilder]:

component [dispatcher],

web module [webdynpro/resources/sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils],

application [sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils],

DC name [sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils],

CSN component[CA-GTF-TS-XSS],

problem categorization [],

internal categorization [-703535097].

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Exception was thrown in preprocessing phase of application session XHU_vYZG8FTESKBSpQzBcw--a_qt4QYawfCsNOwEopIVgw--/pcd:portal_content/CustomContent/com.nku.folder.roles/com.nku.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_benefits_payment/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_benefits_payment/sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenuArea/base/. The causing exception is nested. RID=a7c267f44f0f11e4a81800000038253e ...

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.ApplicationFaultException: wdDoInit: exception thrown in this user coding area...

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DictionaryException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection...

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: TypeBroker failed to access SLD: Error while obtaining JCO connection....

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Error while obtaining JCO connection....

Caused by: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to resolve connection parameter for 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData'...

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from field com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.userDefinition of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.JCOClientConnection.resolveConnectionParameter4MsgServerJCODestination(JCOClientConnection.java:532)...

END LOG EXCERPT

After that, I could not access Web Dynpro Content Administration (/webdynpro/welcome/) > Create JCo Destination or Maintain JCo Destinations. I received the error:

START LOG EXCERPT

500 Internal Server Error is returned for HTTP request [https://xxx.xxx.xxx:443/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~wd~tools~admin/Explorer]:

component [dispatcher],

web module [webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~wd~tools~admin],

application [sap.com/tc~wd~tools~admin],

DC name [sap.com/tc~wd~tools~admin],

CSN component[BC-WD-JAV],

problem categorization [],

internal categorization [713773210].

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.equals(java.lang.Object) of a null object returned from com.sap.lcr.api.sapmodel.SAP_JCODestination.getUserHandling()

END LOG EXCERPT

After reading your reply I decided to log on to the local SLD and delete all of the JCo Destinations that I had created in the SLD.  I was then able to successfully get to Web Dynpro Content Administration > Maintain JCo Destinations.  I then manually created all of the JCo Destinations in Web Dynpro Content Administration and our ESS problems were resolved.

Thanks for your help!

Jill

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Thank you for the solution. we had similar issue.

I had created a JCO directly by going in to SLD. and as per your solution I deleted the JCO.

apart from above

I made sure the etc/service file entry with  sapms<backend-SID>.

Now I could able to edit, test JCO connections under webdynpro->jco connections.

Thanks again

Rck.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

for the error

"java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)"

the solution and the explanation is definetely the one I've provided recently. Did it resolve your problem?

If yes, I kindly ask you to mark the thread as solved, else feel free to ask.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Thank you for your solution. My issue has been resolved now.

As you suggested, i have deleted all jco connection from SLD and recreated them from webdynpro content administrator.

Now i am able to view, edit the settings of newly created jco's and no issues or errors now.

Once again Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

pradeep_kumar5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

I also get the same error,

For this Restarting the J2EE engine fixes my problem.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

1) Path : CA - Web dynpro -- Deploy Cotnent -- Select application -- preview - edit

2) Path : CA - WD -- Maintain Destinations -- Select the Jco -- preview or edit

If you are trying through path 1, try with path 2 and check once

Regards,

Srinvas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin/Siva,

Check your SLD settings. Check for SLDDSUSER password expiry.

In Visual Admin

VisualAdministrator ->Services ->SLD DataSupplier

Look for CIM Client test and test your SLD.

Good Luck!

Sandeep Tudumu