cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SOAP and Http Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell the difference between SOAP and Http sender.In which case we need to configure soap sender adapter instead of http sender.

In soap sender case how can i push data to XI using Java program.Or How can i make use of SOAP Sender Adapter without using any tools like XML Spy etc....

Regards,

Shyam M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A SOAP message will be bundled inside the soap envelope.HTTP is not an adapter in adapter engine whereas soap is an adapter i.e, HTTP doesn't require a communication channel where as SOAP requires.You can send soap messages using some SOAP client.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Message was edited by: sudheer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

the SOAP sender adapter is extraction the xml message from the whole SOAP envelope message. You can achieve the same using HTTP adapter and a suitable mapping. The http adapter is more performant and stabil because only the ABAP part of WAS is used (native adapter).

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shyam,

When you need to Send Data to XI from a Webservice , your SOAP adapter is used.

HTTP adapter is used when you want to post a HTTP request message from a web application to XI.

<i>How can i make use of SOAP Sender Adapter without using any tools like XML Spy etc....</i>

XML SPy is used as a TEST tool when you are sending SOAP information to XI. TO actually send data , you need to configure a webservice and construct a SOAP request message and post the data .

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply.

In my scenario i already have a webservice which will read the data from a Java Dictionary(though entity beans). So the result of this function(Session bean function which is exposed through Webservice) should be sent to XI. For that what code i need to write in my webservice. I will construct a SOAP envelop for that result but after that how can i push data to XI.

For soap sender adapter in XI should i do the step "Define Webservice" but where can i use that webservice file.

Regards,

Shyam M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

The webservice will have a wsdl, this wsdl will include certain operations which will help you send the required parameters and then get the responce to those parameters after it reads the dictionary based on the request params.

Now, you will have to decide whether you want to send the request params from one system via XI to the webservice, so that the synchronous processing of the SOAP adapter will give back the response to the request via XI to the same system,

i.e. System->XI->Webservice.

And if you want the to insert the response directly into XI, then you will have to capture the response to some particular request and call that particular WSDL operation into XI in order to send it directly to some target system.

Btw, you can check up with the following blog if you want to get a clear idea of a wsdl and the operations provided by the webservice in the wsdl../people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna.

My doubt is in Http sender case we directly use the URL to send the data from Web Page... In the sender SOAP Adapter case do i need to write any code using to send data to XI...

Regards,

Shyam M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOAP Adapter is used to xchange SOAP messages bw remote clients and webservices....

check this link for more differences..

Sekhar