cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Seeburger Classifier withour splitter?

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please let me know if we can use Seeburger Classifier without splitter?

if this is possible,can you please suggest relevant links which explain such scenario?

Than

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeburger Classifier module will detect the type of the EDI message being passed..

i.e whether it is of Type ANSI X12 or Edifact or Vodatte...

Splitter is used for splitting of the messages(attachments to individual messages like Payload and acknowledgement)..

Classifier will be helpful for BIC Module for executing the Seeburger mappings ...(See_Edifact or See_ANSIX12...)

HTH

Rajesh

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the details.When we use Splitter, we need to create different services for accepted and partly accepted messages and also need to do splitter configuration in Seeburger workbench.

Is it possible without using splitter to generate two different messages one for functional ack and other main Edifact message or rather one main Edifact message throwing functional ack?

Is it possible to have description of such scenario?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to handle only one message it can be done...for both i.e Functional Ack and Original Payload...no..

i.e if you want to process only payload and want to ignore FAck.. then it should be possible with out splitter...

In this case you need to make sure that the Payload will be part of MainDocument instead of attachment..

Not tried though but my guess is can be done..

HTH

Rajesh

shweta_walaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I tried this,but only one message is getting created and that is Functional Ack. Main EDIFACT Message is not created.

This is my Module config:

bic destSourceMsg MainDocument

bic destTargetMsg MainDocument

bic mappingName AUTO

bic saveSourceMsg ORIGINAL_EDI

classifier showInAuditLog true

I also tried by adding to the above list

classifier destTargetMsg MainDocument

Any idea?

Regards,

Shweta

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Please let us know what exactly is your scenario.

Regards,

Zameer

shweta_walaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

We would receive Edifact files from a partner.These can be of any type, eg.Orders, REMADV ,etc , so first we need to determine the type and then convert them into XML

Hence I would like to use classifier and then bic converter.

But Classifier is creating only Functional Ack and main message is not getting created.

I dont want to use splitter.

Please let me know if you need further details

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

We would receive Edifact files from a partner.These can be of any type, eg.Orders, REMADV ,etc , so first we need to determine the type and then convert them into XML

First, if you are sure you receive only EDIFACT EDI files then classifier module can be skipped. Because it just classfies the type of EDI as either EDIFACT, ANSI X12, etc..

But Classifier is creating only Functional Ack and main message is not getting created.

I guess you mean the output of BIC module creates only the main mapping and not the child mapping. In that case please check whether the necessary BIC mapping for that particular EDIFACT type is deployed in the server, so that the child mapping will also happen.

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Since you are gettign the ACK message - the Main mapping is getting executed.

1. Check the audit logs of your file channel for any other error in the input message , if any.

2. Check the splitter configuration is done correctedly for the the input message.

3. Check the ACK message recived inside the integration engine - have some information on any errors.

cheers.

Sunil

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zameer,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes,Edifact is fixed but there can be different Message types like ORDERS, REMADV, etc.

Hence, we dont know which mapping has to be called.

Necessary mappings are deployed on the server and there are no errors while conversion because the status of Functional Ack is A i.e. accepted. So, I wonder where does main message go and why a second message is not generated for main Edifact message.

Regards,

Shweta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

There are no errors and the status of Functional Ack is A

We are not using Splitter.

Please let me know if we have further ideas.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Shweta

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any ideas on this please?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

It's a little while since I've used Seeburger but I seem to remember the following, which I hope will help you.

Seeburger Classifier creates an attachment by the name of the "attName" parameter you submit to the Classifier module. If you do not submit an "attName" parameter value, the Classifier module will use a default value. You can see the classifier attachment in SXI_MONITOR - it is simply a set of information about what the Classifier determined about the message.

Where the Seeburger mapping module parameter setting is mappingName=AUTO (instead of a static mappingName of the a single mapping, e.g. mappingName=AnsiX12_812_V4030) it will attempt to use the classification xml attachment which was (in the case of where you specify mappingName=AUTO) expected to be have been created earlier in the module chain - again, if no classifierAtt parameter value is specified to provide the name used for the Classifier module's attName (attachment name) then I believe Seeburger mapping module uses the default. I think the default behaviour of Seeburger mapping module when using mappingName=AUTO is also to split by default, and creates the FunctionalAck in place of the whole message.

I believe there are two solutions to your problem (without getting into developing AF modules):

The first, and easiest, way to get Seeburger mapping module to not produce an Ack and to map 1-to-1, is to leave the Classifier module out of the chain and to specify your exact mapping in order for it to perform a 1-to-1 mapping. In order to do this you will need to know what file is coming in on your Sender channel.

The second way is that there is a "split" parameter (true/false - true by default for AUTO), and (if I remember correctly) a splitMode parameter too. The long and short of it here though, is that the ability to support these parameters' usage to enable 1-to-1 mapping on a mappingName=AUTO will be down to your master (e.g. AnsiX12_Company, EDIFACT_Company, TRADACOM_Company) mappings which are used to then branch out to the per-instance mappings which are message name/version specific (e.g. AnsiX12_810_V4010, EDIFACT_ORDHDR_V9). If using these parameters does not automatically get your 1-to-1 mapping working, you may require some consultancy from Seeburger to enable the 1-to-1 mapping for Classifier driven mapping - I seem to remember this not being a very straightforward process.

Kind regards.

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

If I use bic parameter split to true,then one message is generated with contains multiple attachments including Functional Ack and EDI XML documents.

How can I then map all the attachments?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

If you are trying to get one document, should be split=false. Split=true should split documents.

What should happen with split=true according to my understanding is that you should still end up splitting the messages out and you should only see the functional acknowledgement on your sender channel - a secondary 997 sender channel which is set up to intake the split files (via the settings in the seeburger workbench - splitter configuration) would then receive the split files into XI / PI.

The split parameter works in unison with a parameter which is called something like splitMode. Neither of the parameters were documented when I was using Seeburger. How these parameters are treated is entirely down to your main mappings, where the split / non-split is negotiated.

If you are using split=false and it is not mapping 1-to-1 then I would advise a call to Seeburger on this one if you wish to get it resolved. Editing the 1-to-1 functionality in the main mappings is not an easy job to do. As said, the alternative is to use static mappings - if this is possible, it'll save you time and money.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Edited by: EAI guy on Feb 25, 2011 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in addition to the above, if you are trying to map 1-to-1 and not split, it should really be split=false. The effect should be one resulting document in this case.

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

If your EDIFACT file has multiple messages in it, then i guess you have to use split adapter so as to split the messages.

Configure the split adapter with the necessary modules.

Also, recheck your configuration part if everything is looking good.

I am not sure as I haven't done a scenario without split adapter.

But i guess, if there is only one message for sure in EDIFACT file then it should work by default without split.

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally Payload will get generated in attachment and functional ack in MainDocument as you dont want to process the Functional Ack which is in Main document...

check by changing the settings to

bic destTargetMsg attachment. (reverse order...)

HTH

Rajesh

shweta_walaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gavin,

Yes,when I use split = false,then one document is created and thats Functional acknowledgement which I don't need.

Instead, I would like to have one converted EDI XML document, even if it contains multiple UNH segments.

Is this possible to achieve without using 997 communication channels?

Thanks.

Regards,Shweta

shweta_walaskar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

In my case,I don't get EDIFACT XML in the message at all.

If I use bic destTargetMsg Attachment, the Main Document contains:

<info>Converted message locates in attachment with id Attachment</info>

and there is an additional attachment with name Attachment which contains Functional Ack

Is there a syntax issue ,as we specify MainDocument, for attachment ,is it Attachment or attachment?

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

As far as I can remember, the way to have one EDI document, to have no FuncAckn, and to not use 997 channels, is to know what file is expected on the channel and explicitly quote the relevant BIC mapping, i.e. mappingName=ANSIX12_810_V4030

The Classifier / AUTO mapping setup is constructed around the principle of producing a Functional Acknowledgement, whether mapping the inbound EDI to one document (split=false) or multiple (split=true / not specified), so that Functional Acknowledgement is then available to be sent back as an AnsiX12 997 (or any other type of EDI acknowledgement.)

If you are unable to process a single type of communication on the way in so that you can specify a static mapping, then (unless anything's changed since I last used Seeburger) it would generally be a case of using 997Split channels either way (whether you set split=true or set split=false or don't set a split parameter setting) because of the functionality you're using.

Is it not possible for you to specify the mappingName of a static mapping that you require instead of AUTO?

Kind regards,

Gavin

Edited by: EAI guy on Feb 25, 2011 6:58 PM

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gavin,

Thanks for the details.

It is not possible to use hardcoded BIC mapping name because we dont know the type of files.

I am working on an approach to write an adapter module which would check the contents of thefile and set corresponding BIC mapping name in Dynamic Configuration.

This dynamic mapping can then be used as a module parameter in Sender CC.

I would update the thread when I am able to achieve this.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Shweta